Audio Manager

erict

Reaction score
I downloaded audio manager from the market and have a question. How does the vibrate check boxes work? By default, both the alerts volume and ringer volume boxes are checked. Does this mean it suppose to vibrate only on an alert and ringer volume? With the check mark in the box it does not vibrate but rings as it should.

Here is the app.
AudioManager Pro - Android app on AppBrain

Screen pic

screen.jpg

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
Anyone else using this app?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jbsangel

Reaction score
When either box is checked, it vibrates for whichever one or both is checked. Or at least it should. That's it.

If the volume is not set to silent, then the ringer or notification tone will also sound too. That's it. Or at least it should be.

I have had situations where the check boxes were checked (or not checked) and the vibrate behavior did not match up. This happens usually when a different app has changed the vibrate behavior. The most common time it happens for me is when Tasker has silenced my notification sound and vibrate at night and then goes into vibrate mode in the morning for work. Somebody gets confused somewhere, i haven't quite figured out who or why, but audio manager will show that I'm in vibrate (so ringer and notification sounds are off and both vibrate boxes are checked) except my phone never vibrates. I usually have to manually set my phone to vibrate to fix it.

jbsangel

Reaction score
You may need to check your phone ringer vibrate settings using settings > sound (and likewise for each app like messaging, gmail, etc) because they have vibrate options something like always vibrate, only when in silent, and never. If that is the case, even though though the box is checked, you won't get any phone ringer or application specific vibration if they don't have vibrate set to vibrate always.

So for example, if you have messaging set to vibrate always and gmail set to vibrate only when in silent, then in audio manager, when the notifications vibrate block is checked, if an sms/mms comes then you will get a vibrate but if an email comes, you won't. Likewise, if you uncheck that box for notifications, then no notifications will vibrate regardless of their individual setting.

hope this makes sense.

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
Non of my apps are set to vibrate only within the apps settings, sms, mms, email or phone. So with this said, I assume with both boxes checked within audio manager it effects nothing, correct?

jbsangel

Reaction score
I believe that would be the case. All it means to check the box means to let vibrate anything that is individually set to vibrate. Unchecking it means don't let anything vibrate regardless of the application specific setting.

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
jbsangel, just wanted to say you were spot on. If I leave the check marks checked, it only works if I have the particular app set to vibrate within it's settings. If I don't, it does nothing having the boxes checked or unchecked.