Audible touch tone stopped working?

Twoo

Reaction score
I went to dial a number a few minutes ago and instead of making the audible tone tone noises it vibrated. I checked and I have audible touch tones selected, all my volumes are up but I can't figure out why it's doing this. I powered down and pulled the battery, restarted and still...

I know it's petty, but it is going to drive me nuts not having audible touch tones when making a phone call. It also does not make any sounds when I activate the dialpad during a phone call, which it did before.

UGH. Any ideas?

OP
T

Twoo

Reaction score
Unfortunately that thread does not answer the question =/

Jorakal

Reaction score
I noticed this a couple of times. I got the AudioManager Console and started checking. My Music volume was turned way down. I remembered I had been listening to something and had to turn it down to hear something.

So in short I turned up the music volume and noticed my audible clicks could be heard again. So they are tied to the music volume, not the ringer volume.

FlorIdaho Chris

Reaction score
App Solution

I had this same problem with losing my phone touch tones when dialing. I downloaded an application called Quick Settings which allowed me to adjust the system volume controls and I was able to get the touch tones back.

Hope this helps others with the same problem.