attaching files to gmail emails

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, went to send my wife a file last night from gmail on the droid and seems that when you hit attach it takes you directly to photos and didn't give me the option to attach a different type of file? Am I just missing the way to do this?

I was able to send it to her via my work exchange account using Touchdown though. Just wondered if I can send other types of attachments via the gmail app.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, went to send my wife a file last night from gmail on the droid and seems that when you hit attach it takes you directly to photos and didn't give me the option to attach a different type of file? Am I just missing the way to do this?

I was able to send it to her via my work exchange account using Touchdown though. Just wondered if I can send other types of attachments via the gmail app.

Did you try long pressing on the file and then seeing if you got a prompt to share? You might want to give that a try, I've never done it myself but I know this is another way to do it. You should get a prompt asking you how you want to share and email should be in there.

Also do you have Astro installed?

OP
ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, using astro and long pressing does let me send it... but, I'll have to send a separate email for each attachment if I have multiple attachments. Not the best solution, but it does work.

Silver Member
Reaction score
you have to have a program associated wtih your attachment. so file managers like EStrong's and ASTRO are good for sending "random" files, but you can only send one at a time. i tried doing a select all in ES, but it only did the first one.

google has done alot to limit the bandwidth of the email apps on the phone.

MRex21

Reaction score
Same situation. I was trying to send a .doc of my resume to a company. All I could get to come up was the gallery.

Tagged for reply.

rjax

Reaction score
Download OI File Manager from the Market. With it installed, when you click on the attach button in the Gmail app, you'll be able to use OI File Manager to attach (almost) anything you want.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
AttachEmail also allows you to browse through your sdcard and attach, but only one file at a time apparently.

carlosclarkmd

Reaction score
Attaching a file in Gmail

The funny thing is that when I'm in hotmail it allows me to attach other files.. And this is supposed to be a "google" phone.. what gives?

Marine

Reaction score
Yeah I've been having his problem too, maybe it doesn't allow you to send anything other than pictures
happysmile.gif