AT&T Will Not Offer The HTC 10

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Here is a bit of bad news for those of you on AT&T. During HTC's press event they did not mention AT&T as a carrier expected to carry the phone. Instead of selling the HTC 10 AT&T is directing customers to buy the phone directly from HTC. This means you will not be able to buy the phone at a subsidized price. You won't even be able to buy it on a payment plan.

You will have to pay full price from HTC. They are offering 12 months same as cash if you purchase with your PayPal credit account this may be adequate for most of you. However this ends up being an extra payment you have to worry about remembering to pay.

Verizon decide not to carry the M7 till much later than everyone else. Having a major carrier to skip a device can be pretty detrimental to the overall success of a device.

via Technobuffalo

Amagine

Reaction score
I see it more as another sign of carriers moving away from selling (and in turn supporting) hardware. I don't think it will be long before every manufacturer has the option of buying or leasing direct from them.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember back in the days before smartphone popularity if you wanted something other than LG or Moto you had to not go with Verizon. It was like they were getting a kickback from LG or something. They'd sell you a Razr but try their best to get you to go LG.
I can see AT&T point in a way though. They buy a ton of them then HTC goes belly up they're stuck.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is like buying penny stocks. Most likely to be bankrupt tomorrow but once in a blue moon you score big. Same with htc, I wouldn't bet on company that's on life support.