Asus PadFone's Official Launch in Taiwan: Coming in May

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Asus-PadFone-price.jpg

The Asus PadFone, the combination tablet and phone, will be coming to Asus' home country of Taiwan in May. Furthermore, details of pricing were also released. The phone by itself will cost 17,990 Taiwan dollars, (which is around 610 USD). To get both the phone and the tablet will cost you 24,980 Taiwan dollars (approximately 847 USD). They will also offer a keyboard dock for an extra 100 USD.

Of course, these prices reflect the local economy of Taiwan, and should not be taken as a final pricing for when they come to Europe or North America, although there have been no details released on when or if they will happen. We will keep you informed when we find out more.

Source: TransformerForums.com via UnWiredView

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still think this is a great idea and more phone makers should do things like this. Just like my WebDock for my Razr, I'd love to have a Pad-Dock option too!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think it a great idea as long as they make the dock for tablet somewhat universal so when time to update phone you wont have to buy a new tablet everytime.

geoff5093

Reaction score
The only con is that you can't use both at once, like stream netflix on the pad while using your phone.

jtpowell

Reaction score
The only con is that you can't use both at once, like stream netflix on the pad while using your phone.
Ask yourself, do you already do that on your phone anyway? Probably not. I look at it as a screen expander turning your phone to tablet size. No processor, no storage, just a human interface device to your phone.

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
how do you know for sure? in one of the videos someone was multi tasking and on the screen a phone call poped up and the user just clicked answer call and used the bluetooth stylus.....a similar option im almost sure of will exist when running other applications while the phone is docked into the tablet.

My upgrade is here in a few days so I'm definitely holding out and praying this comes to Verizon as I really want this. Heck I'll get the whole package and sell a few of my electronic goodies to even help pay for it