Asus Padfone Mini Officially Announced & Next-Gen Padfone Infinity Coming to US 2014

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;iEHxq4Hs-pM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEHxq4Hs-pM[/video]​

We have a Padfone double-hitter for you today. First up, the new Asus Padfone Mini was just officially announced. Here's a breakdown of specs:
  • Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
  • 4.3 inch smartphone (qHD display) with a 7 inch (1280 x 800) tablet dock
  • Dual SIM capabilities for the phone
  • Quad-core 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 16GB of Storage
  • MicroSD card support
  • 8MP rear camera with Hi-Light Mode (for shooting in dark environments)
  • 1,500 mAh battery
  • The tablet dock comes with a 2,200 mAh battery, which can charge the smartphone too
It will launch in the US, Europe and other Asian markets, but prices and a concrete time-frame have not yet been announced.

jerry-shen-new-padfone-infinity.jpg

The second Padfone news for today is an official announcement from ASUS CEO Jerry Shen. At the end of an interview with Engadget, Chen indicated that the next generation version of the Padfone Infinity will be coming to the United States. He said that Asus was working with a "big operator" in the States to bring the device here. He didn't specify whether that "big operator" was a mobile carrier or simply a third party retailer, but we will share more intel when it becomes available.

Source: Engadget

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the commercial, minus the music they chose, ugh. Other than that, Asus is "tranforming" the game.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1 gig of ram? yeah they are going to have to step it up when they come to the states unless they are going for the low end market. Samsung has spoiled us anything less than 2 gigs of ram, LTE, and at least a quad core processor and most fans are like "oh that's nice" as they leave it on the shelf.

With that said I do like the pad phone idea since it came out almost 3 years ago and glad they are finally making their way to the states.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I agree PC...definitely glad to see it finally making its way here but definitely gonna have to be a bit better in the specs to compete in the market here.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey, if it gets the job done on 1 Gig then I won't complain. This really isn't on my radar, but these have done well overseas and may have a place in the U.S. market as well.

jspradling7

Reaction score
I'd be interested in 5" x 10" version of that setup. With bigger batteries that is.