Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
asusacer.jpg
Motorola’s Xoom may have been the first tablet to get a helping of Google’s updated Android 3.1, but the other Honeycomb Tablets won’t have to wait long. Both ASUS and Acer have confirmed that their respective 10.1-inch, Tegra 2-powered Android tablets will be getting the update in early June. That’s right, both the Iconia Tab A500 and Eee Pad Transformer will be sent an over-the-air update at the beginning of next month.

So, what about that remaining Honeycomb tablet — the LG G-Slate? LG nor T-Mobile would give us a firm time frame on the 3.1 update, but they did promise that it was “coming soon.” Either way, it’s very nice to know that these tablets will be getting refreshed very soon — hey, maybe Google wasn’t lying about its plans to improve updates after all!

ThisIsMyNext

For those interested in the Eee Pad Transformer and Acer A500 be sure to check us out at TransformerForums.com and AcerTabletForum.com

DaWolf85

Reaction score
The G-slate's 3.1 update will take longer because they have to make it all 3D and shiny, whereas the other tablets don't have anything much to put on top of the update.

BOA

Reaction score
Yeah tell me about that. It's ridiculous that you can't get the stupid thing. Idiots charging $900 for a 16GB. Please... Anyone know where you can get one please post ASAP. lol

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
Yeah tell me about that. It's ridiculous that you can't get the stupid thing. Idiots charging $900 for a 16GB. Please... Anyone know where you can get one please post ASAP. lol

Just go to nowinstock.net and set it up so it e mails you when they are for sale. Two different stores had them in stock today. I ordered mine this way. Got it three days later.

BOA

Reaction score

Just go to nowinstock.net and set it up so it e mails you when they are for sale. Two different stores had them in stock today. I ordered mine this way. Got it three days later.

Done! I see there were a few places that had it today. Damn damn.

bama29

Reaction score

I also used nowinstock.net. Kept this LINK running in the browser. Last night watching tv the alarm went off, Ordered a 16gb from NewEgg. Got the tracking number today during lunch. If you try this when the alarm goes off act fast because, the stock moves rather quickly.