Asurion

Dyerseve

Reaction score
Readers Digest version:

Lost my Droid in Times Square in March of 2010. Phone was found and I got it back. Already had it replaced by Asurion, so just used the old one as a spare battery/Rom tester. Replacement one is crapping out (headphone jack is done). Tried to have the old one activated again, which Verizon had no problem with since the ESN matched. Asurion on the other hand wouldn't allow me to because it has been on their lost/stolen list for more than 7 days. So instead, they're going to replace the defective droid with a new one because its still under warranty. Needless to say I think this is one of the dumbest business practices I've heard in a while.

The question is, the Asurion Rep said only send back the phone. No battery, no card etc. I'm running Bugless on it, do I need to install a stock 2.2 rom on the phone or can I leave bugless on there? Dont want them to try and charge me 300 bucks because I voided their warranty or something by putting a custom rom on it.

Thanks in advance.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Readers Digest version:

Lost my Droid in Times Square in March of 2010. Phone was found and I got it back. Already had it replaced by Asurion, so just used the old one as a spare battery/Rom tester. Replacement one is crapping out (headphone jack is done). Tried to have the old one activated again, which Verizon had no problem with since the ESN matched. Asurion on the other hand wouldn't allow me to because it has been on their lost/stolen list for more than 7 days. So instead, they're going to replace the defective droid with a new one because its still under warranty. Needless to say I think this is one of the dumbest business practices I've heard in a while.

The question is, the Asurion Rep said only send back the phone. No battery, no card etc. I'm running Bugless on it, do I need to install a stock 2.2 rom on the phone or can I leave bugless on there? Dont want them to try and charge me 300 bucks because I voided their warranty or something by putting a custom rom on it.

Thanks in advance.

Wait a second. Let's stop and talk about what you think is dumb.

The moment you lost that first phone in Times Square and got it replaced, it was no longer your phone. You had no right to keep it, you should have turned it over to Asurion. It's their phone.

Now for the second part the chances of you getting caught with Bugless on your phone are probably slim but why risk it? Bring the phone back to stock to be on the safe side.

OP
D

Dyerseve

Reaction score
Readers Digest version:

Thanks in advance.

Wait a second. Let's stop and talk about what you think is dumb.

The moment you lost that first phone in Times Square and got it replaced, it was no longer your phone. You had no right to keep it, you should have turned it over to Asurion. It's their phone.

Now for the second part the chances of you getting caught with Bugless on your phone are probably slim but why risk it? Bring the phone back to stock to be on the safe side.

Nowhere was I told that in the event it was recovered it needed to be turned over to Asurion. I would have had no problem with it. I even offered to send back the faulty phone. All I wanted was the original Droid reactivated because there is nothing wrong with it. But apparently now its a paperweight and a test dummy haha. I just dont see the logic in sending me another phone when I have a perfectly functional one here. But hey, I'm not complaining. I'll be more than happy to take a new (or refurbed) droid with a new battery.

Thank you for the reply. Where would be the best place to locate a stock ROM?

sharkbng

Reaction score
So I got a replacement phone from asurion like 2 or so weeks ago, friend dropped it in water and now the screen stays black. Would asurion send another one out or what?

lawless21

Reaction score
No. I believe they won't. Water voids your warrenty. Your probably better off saying you lost it.

skruid

Reaction score
My sister dropped hers into a cup of water twice while she was sleeping and asurion covered it both times

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No. I believe they won't. Water voids your warrenty. Your probably better off saying you lost it.

Insurance is for that purpose; loss or damage. That said, yes, they'll replace it. You don't need to lie to them.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

meaker

Reaction score
They will cover water damage. I just had one covered.. Just be careful 2 claims in one year will cause them to drop you.... Just happened to me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Nick90

Reaction score
I'm on my third replacement RAZR maxx from asurion because they all keep freezing and I have to press the 2 buttons to reset it. Now this one just gets hot, freezes all the time, shuts off all the time and I'm sick of it. Does anyone know if asurion will give me a completely different phone because I'm so done with this piece of junk phone.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Definitely worth a try. Call them directly and explain your situation. I've always had good luck with Asurian.
good luck! :)

tap'n

Nick90

Reaction score
I've always had great service with them too, and they always get my replacement to me the next day. I don't see why they wouldn't exchange it for a phone of the same value either. Now I just hope their call center is open tomorrow, labor day might screw me lol

Domestic violence

Reaction score
They agreed to send me a DInc to replace my OG Droid. I was able to fix it though. They also sent me a nib Nexus when mine was lost.