Droid in boot loop

Dyerseve

Reaction score
Looking for a little advice,

I'm sending my old D1 back to asurion because they sent me a new one under warranty for the headphone jack. I'm trying to return the phone to stock just in case they try and say I voided the warranty. I used Rom Manager and downloaded a stock 2.2 rom and installed it successfully. It prompted for an OTA update, which I did.. then prompted for a second OTA update, which I did. After the second OTA update it's in a boot loop. Tried booting it into recovery and get a picture of a phone with a triangle and an "!". So the questions I have are, is there a way to fix this using the debugging mode (power & up button) and B) should I just say "screw it" and send it back to asurion as is?

Thanks.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looking for a little advice,

I'm sending my old D1 back to asurion because they sent me a new one under warranty for the headphone jack. I'm trying to return the phone to stock just in case they try and say I voided the warranty. I used Rom Manager and downloaded a stock 2.2 rom and installed it successfully. It prompted for an OTA update, which I did.. then prompted for a second OTA update, which I did. After the second OTA update it's in a boot loop. Tried booting it into recovery and get a picture of a phone with a triangle and an "!". So the questions I have are, is there a way to fix this using the debugging mode (power & up button) and B) should I just say "screw it" and send it back to asurion as is?

Thanks.

[FONT=&quot]Once the yellow warning sign appears, press the physical "Volume UP" and "Camera" buttons simultaneously until a new menu appears. This may take several attempts before success.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From the new menu that appears on-screen, go down to the "wipe data/factory reset" option using the Directional-Pad next to the keyboard, and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad to confirm.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scroll down to the "Yes -- delete all user data" and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad once more. That's it! When your Motorola Droid is done wiping all saved applications, information, and settings, your device will be back to the factory settings.[/FONT]

OP
D

Dyerseve

Reaction score
Brilliant. Wish I could have found that on google haha. Thank you for the help!