Asurion question

DROID11

Reaction score
So I accidentally dropped my tbolt the other day from hip height onto a tile floor and ended up with a cracked and spider-webbed screen. I honestly don't want to do an asurion claim for this as I hate asurion and don't want to spend $100 for a new phone when this is fully functional (for now) but would consider it if I knew I was getting a brand new phone not a refurbished piece of asurion garbage. Is there a sure fire way to get a brand new and not refurbished phone from them? Being that these are so new am I likely to get a new one anyways?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Droid592

Reaction score
You may or may not get a new one there's no way to tell its whatever they send you.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
you will get a new phone, my friend just had to file a claim. first phone had a slight defect and they sent him a second brand new phone.

Reaction score
I know the couple times I had to get a new phone from them they sent me new in the box everytime. Never got a refurbished phone. But then again it was never a smartphone either. I wouldnt except a refurbished phone. I hate when verizon gives me a refurbished phone when ever I have problems with my phone

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
you will get a new phone, my friend just had to file a claim. first phone had a slight defect and they sent him a second brand new phone.

That is not always the case....A refurb is most normal.

Murker

Reaction score
A few years ago, my girlfriend had the Chocolate and the touch dial thingy was messed up, she filed the max of 2 claims and was sent a refurb'd both times.

Not a smartphone, but still, these phones look liked they came out of some evil teenagers pocket, with lint and all.

Very very disappointing, which is why this time when I upgrade, I will not be getting the insurance on any of our phones.

I would "hope" that with smartphones, they would at least have the courtesy to send a back a decent product.

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
I went ahead and bit the bullet and did a claim. They said it would come with a battery, a home charger (both which i expected) and a memory card which led me to believe it may be new. Fingers crossed as I hate refurbished-from-Asurion garbage. If its not brand new I will call and complain until they send a brand new one. Spending the monthly premiums and the $100 for a deductible I want a brand new phone since it will cost them maybe $10 to repair this one and send to someone as a refurb.

Droid592

Reaction score
All I can say is good luck man, ill tell you right now your not gonna get a new phone I've done claims with them and only once have I gotten a new phone and it was because they did not have any in stock. The policy states that you will get a refurb phone no where does it say they must give you a new one, the memory card ur even lucky to get.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
Thankfully I am now sending this message from my brand new thunderbolt. I would assume they don't have any refurbs yet. It came in the OEM box with all OEM accessories so I'm positive its brand new. Now I have an extra 32gb card and a second battery.

BrendanR

Reaction score
They will check for the battery and sd card and charge retail for them.

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
No they won't. they told me to keep them and the return envelope they gave me specifically said to not include the battery.

Droid592

Reaction score
They will check for the battery and sd card and charge retail for them.

Ummm no they wont, when you receive the package if you read and FOLLOW the instructions it specifically states ONLY SEND THE PHONE BACK. Meaning not the battery, SD Card, Charger, or battery door cover.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Yea when I replaced my OG DROID I ended up with 3 memory cards. They specifically say don't ship battery and memory card with old phone

tgs3838

Reaction score
Well yesterday I dropped my phone into the water. I let it dry out for a while and tried to fire it back up. It comes on fine and stays on for about 2 minutes before it restarts itself. So i guess its done. My question is does Asurion comer water damage? I tried to google it but couldnt find out for sure. Dont wana make a claim for that then have them tell me its not covered.

huskur

Reaction score
Well yesterday I dropped my phone into the water. I let it dry out for a while and tried to fire it back up. It comes on fine and stays on for about 2 minutes before it restarts itself. So i guess its done. My question is does Asurion comer water damage? I tried to google it but couldnt find out for sure. Dont wana make a claim for that then have them tell me its not covered.

Water damage is covered or if you like you can tell them it was lost/stolen