Associating app with Amazon App Store vs. Android Market

jfeldredge

Reaction score
When I installed Titanium Backup on my phone, it made some of the apps I had downloaded from the Amazon App Store start showing up under My Apps for Google's Android Market, instead of under My Apps for the Amazon App Store. This interferes with downloading updates. Where is the association of an app with a given source stored, so that I can correct this?

OP
J

jfeldredge

Reaction score
Well, I have found a partial work-around. If you launch Titanium Backup, go to the Backup/Restore tab, and long-press an app, it brings up a context menu that lets you clear the association with Android Market. I still haven't figured out how to set up an association with the Amazon App Store, however.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
If a Free App Of The Day (FAOTD) from Amazon gets incorrectly associated with the standard Android market, will you get billed for the app (by Google) if your device tries to download it again for any reason?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

OP
J

jfeldredge

Reaction score
When my phone incorrectly tried to download updates from Android Market rather than Amazon, I got "update denied" messages rather than additional charges.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums