Assigning individual text tones?

OUBad

Reaction score
I'm a brand-new Droid user and was pretty set in my ways with my Blackberry so this change is something for me to get used to.

On my BB, I was able to assign individual text tones for my contacts. I'm wondering if that's possible on the Maxx and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance. :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!!

You can assign thru a 3rd party SMS app such Go SMS Pro or Handcent...

steeletown

Reaction score
I'm sorry that's for ringtone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Which would you personally recommend?

I use and have used for quite some time, GO SMS...it has a ton of themes and is very customizable...it has other features as well such as scheduling texts, group chat and group SMS sending...They are both free apps in the market, so you can definitely try them both out ;)...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I also forgot about Light Flow (also in the market) but you can set custom ringtones for SMS by it as well (without using a 3rd party SMS app)...it also offers a variety of other features as it will allow you to edit the LED colors for notifications...

tondraj

Reaction score
Light flow is fantastic. Like the poster said above, not only can you assign individual ring tones and notification sounds, but you can assign their notification led a specific color. It's great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on Light Flow. I recently switched from my D1 to a RAZR Maxx, and was looking for something like the old Missed Call app. This sounds like the one.