Asphalt is in the market!

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
dont see it in the market / milestone (germany). hope they fix the install bug. its out for a while. available over the gameloft wap site. but you cant install the game right now. its 50 megs. and no sdcard install. maybe they fixed that too.

OP
S

stangdroid

Reaction score
it says you get asphalt 5 on the newer phones and asphalt 3 on the older ones.sells for $ 5.99. Only saw it when I looked at the"just in" on the games side of the market.looks sweet tho!

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
maybe it appears in german market section later. i have a milestone (droid) so it must be shown. 32.90 mb sounds promissing. have you tried it ? greets.

OP
S

stangdroid

Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet.will download it later tonight or tomorrow.

baniels

Reaction score
Only 1 star ratings. No reports in the market of it working.

I'm still trying to get a refund for the non-working version I bought from their site.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
doesnt sound very good. damn you gameloft what ya doin ? very sad that they dont care about the android community very much. good games - but bad company.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there's something wonky with this game; I was able to run it ONCE on a clean 2.0.1 install with no other 3rd party apps installed. It looked and ran AWESOME. However, that was the ONE time it ran.

Unfortunately, I cannot get a refund, as I downloaded it a second time just in case it was a corrupt download issue. So, now I wait with my fingers crossed, hoping they fix it soon. FWIW, though, I do remember at one point downloading a Gameloft game for the iPod Touch (I cannot remember which one) which did the EXACT same thing. (I think it MIGHT have been one of the older Asphalt games)

It DOES seem to store the MAJORITY of its data (~100MB) on the sdcard, though. I cannot see them ignoring the issue though, with all of the negative comments on the marketplace. People are going to get angry with Gameloft if they have a game they cannot run; so it would be in Gameloft's best interest to fix it. Wouldn't want to see them get sued by a bunch of us angry Droid owners.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Must be a newer android version cause the older one i bought throws all the 160 megs in internal memory.

td854

Reaction score
I'm not seeing it in the market, using a Droid in the USA.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I cant see it on the market too with milestone in gerrmany. But on gameloft,s wap site you can download it with droid but dont know if that is the new version which installs most stuff on sd.