ASPHALT 5 for the DROID!!!!

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
me too. and well all is more fluid as before in the menus especially. i dont would take this benchmarks to serious. and this are 2d benches. and asphalt is opengl 3d not 2d. all 3d games runs as good as before. not faster, not slower. but sometimes i have the impression that asphalt runs a little VERY little bit faster as before with 2.1.

dajewishgangsta

Reaction score
Anyone having the issue of the game sound files showing up in their music

yes me too :D. hope they fix it.

Throw a .nomedia file in the Gameloft folder with the files.

Problem solved.

^^ I can assure you this works. Go into Linda Manager or Astro or whatever, add a folder in gameloft-games-asphalt5. called ".nomedia" (without the quotes). Restart your phone, go into the music player, the album will still be there. Click on a song from Asphalt and the music player will take you back to the library and the Asphalt5 album will be gone! Enjoy.

solar

Reaction score
It runs fine on 2.1 for me. A few hiccups here and there, but it runs pretty well overall. No complaints. I didn't install the most recent update though. I kept hearing thing about them lowering the textures to make the game run faster. I don't want lower graphics, it runs just fine.

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
I DID install the updated and now it force closes from time to time!!!

Leave it to Gameloft!!

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
DO NOT INSTALL LATEST UPDATE!!!!

I thought this latest update was going to fixed the aforementioned force close issue LOL!!!

Nope, instead all cars are now PINK!!!!!!!!! :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

Can anyone please send me a link or something to an OLDER version of Asphalt 5 that actually works? Yes I have already paid Gameloft, so I should be able to download and install and older version legally!!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Update works just fine for me (frf84b Froyo, DROID) - force closes on exit, but that's the norm for Asphalt 5 on Froyo. Has no ill effect on game or system.

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
I am running Froyo too!!

Do you just upgrade? or uninstall and re-install? And what Froyo ROM are you running?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am running Froyo too!!

Do you just upgrade? or uninstall and re-install? And what Froyo ROM are you running?

the "stock" rooted frf84b version of Froyo with a p3droid 1GHz kernel.

I just hit the update option in the marketplace and let it do its thing.

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
I had to uninstall AND delete the files off the SD card. Then when I reinstalled NO MORE PINK!!! dancedroiddancedroid

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, in that case your sdcard data directory must have gotten corrupted somehow. Glad it works for you now.

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
I would like to share that I just updated to the latest version of Asphalt 5 AND:

I made sure and rebooted AND it actually works AND saved all my progress OMG!!!

This was actually a substantial update, here's what I noticed was added:

-Intro video (just like iPhone version!!!) not sure but I don't think my sound works for the videos :(

-Multiplayer support: This looks like two fold either over WiFi or Gameloft's server....I am have not tried either.

kable

Reaction score
yea my sound is not working on the intro for some reason also. who knows. maybe another update will fix, howver the game works great.

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
Yeah, after this latest update my sound does not work in game either :(