ARGH! For the love of GAWD! Incoming Calls Randomly going to VM - HELP!

01dyna

Reaction score
:mad:Ok...Verizon is about to sell the iPhone and I'm JUST about to seriously consider throwing this POS out the nearest window and getting one.

I'm on my FOURTH Droid (the original version). No mods. All OEM OS.

The first one randomly crashed.
The second one randomly directs calls right to voice mail and doesn't ring and doesn't show the missed call in the missed call log.

I call Verizion and they swap it out for another.

The THIRD phone has the exact same problem. Heck maybe the FIRST phone had the same problem too but nobody bothered to leave me a message so I didn't know.

Call Verizon, they send me my FOURTH phone.

Guess what? I've had it a total one week and now I'm losing calls AGAIN.

I just got two voice messages from my mechanic who's working on our car. Voice mail is two hours old. Nothing in the missed call log..I have 4 bars in signal strength but NO RING. Meanwhile, they've been trying to get ahold of me for almost three hows (thanks Verizon for taking so freakin long (two hours) to notify me I have a voice message).

I checked the ring volume. Set to high.

I've search the forums to see if there's a resolution - nothing

Contacts - send to VM - not set.

Third party apps causing this? - Can't find any references to such a problem. Only two phone related apps installed - "Reverse Lookup" and
"Ring guard".

Called *228 and selected opt 1 and 2. No change.

Pulled battery let sit for 15 minutes and rebooted. No change.

I'm at my wits end. If I call Verizon again, they'll just send me another refurbed Droid and I'll go through the whole process again. Problem is I don't know I've missed a call unless they leave a message.

My wife, with her Droid stood two feet away from me and both of us with full signal watched as her first call went right to VM, the second call went right to VM and, finally, on the THIRD call my phone rang. WTF?????

For the love of GAWD does anyone have any ideas? (I have several but none of them either family friendly or condusive to a good customer relationship with the verizon rep in tech support). :mad:

radcliff43123

Reaction score
I don't have that problem, but I do have an issue that can be added to the pile. I can call my voicemail, but when it prompts for my password, the keypad only stays active for 1 to 2 seconds then the phone display exits. I have to hit the power button, unlock the phone, then I get one or two keystrokes of my password and it goes to sleep again. I powered off then back on and the problem has not yet resurfaced, but I can bet it will probably happen again. Anybody have this issue? I have the Droid Fascinate from Samsung.