"Areas of access" when you download an app

TJM

Reaction score
I have looked through "search" to find any applicable threads to my question and have not found any (maybe using wrong keywords). Please direct me if this question has been dealt with before. When you download an app, it has a list of "areas of access" such as: phone calls & identity, read and write contact data. The most interesting - hardware controls: take pictures. I have an idea what this is about, but can someone please explain this?

Reaction score
It really all depends on the application, some applications like the barcode scanner use the camera to scan the barcode so in essence its taking a picture just not saving. Again though it really depends on the application thats just an example.

ShowTime

Reaction score
It really all depends on the application, some applications like the barcode scanner use the camera to scan the barcode so in essence its taking a picture just not saving. Again though it really depends on the application thats just an example.

^What I was going to say. Any app that scans (barcode scanner, etc) or views (Google sky map, etc) anything is going to use the camera and, in essence, be taking a picture.