app to remotely access PC?

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
the only thing that sucks is that my laptop cant be shut or in sleep mode if i want to access it. is there anyway around this? i dont really want to leave my laptop running all day, the POS will overheat.

nimbusnacho

Reaction score
Just bought PhoneMyPC, the second app I payed for and definitely worth the money. Got some issues with it but it's forgivable since it's in beta and the dev seems to be pretty active in addressing them it seems.

Can't wait for audio support, but in the mean time does anyone know an app that will stream music from desktop to the droid? I have gmote and I saw that it has an in progress function to do just that, but it just sits at 0% buffer, plus you have to be on the actual wifi network, so at that range I might as well just play the music on the PC.

Reaction score
the only thing that sucks is that my laptop cant be shut or in sleep mode if i want to access it. is there anyway around this? i dont really want to leave my laptop running all day, the POS will overheat.

Hello,

I am not aware of any way to remotely access a laptop when it is closed. Generally, the laptop has a sensor that detects when it's closed, and it will go hard asleep when you shut the lid.

There may be power settings you can use to keep it from over heating if you leave it open. Let the Display shut off, CPU throttle back (this might not be possible if it's an older laptop), hard drive turn off. The only things you need "awake" for PhoneMyPC to work is the network card, and a little CPU power.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
i know how to keep it from turning off but i dont want it to overheat :/

bastosero

Reaction score
Just bought PhoneMyPC, the second app I payed for and definitely worth the money. Got some issues with it but it's forgivable since it's in beta and the dev seems to be pretty active in addressing them it seems.

Can't wait for audio support, but in the mean time does anyone know an app that will stream music from desktop to the droid? I have gmote and I saw that it has an in progress function to do just that, but it just sits at 0% buffer, plus you have to be on the actual wifi network, so at that range I might as well just play the music on the PC.

If you are going to use 3G and away from your wi-fi network at home, try Orb.

https://mycast.orb.com/orb/html/login.html?lang=en

If you are going to use your wi-fi network at home, try WebSharing.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ap...cess-files-music-photos-web-browser-wifi.html

I just bought PhoneMyPC recently and it's a pretty cool remote desktop app and easy to set up. I already e-mailed the devs on what possible updates they should do, such as having a shortcut for opening the task manager on my computer and possibly figuring out how to work with some skinning/theme applications that's installed on a computer that won't show transparent menus and skins/themes. For the most part, it's a very helpful app since it works very well over 3G. I can't say the same for the other remote desktop apps out in the market because they won't connect at all over 3G for me, at least the ones that I've tested, and they would only connect over wi-fi. So PhoneMyPC is money well spent for me. I can't wait for the updates on it. :)