Are you Rooted? (Poll)

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Question is simple :)

it's been 3 months since the Droid was released. and 2 months since root access was established. so just wondering where people are today.

Give the thread a bump for good measure. interested to see the results of the entire DF.net community

Last edited:

korky122

Reaction score
no and i dont plan on it. this phone cost's way too much money and it works absolutely fine the way it is.

ShowTime

Reaction score
+1 for not rooted. I'm kinda surprised the vote is even this close though. I'm betting by days end it will be closer to 3 to1 rooted to not rooted. We may be the minority, but we're still here!

Vagrent

Reaction score
Rooted and loven it.

i was scared to root at first but figured i have the black tie warranty at best buy so if i bricked it i just run it over with the truck and bring in pieces and get a new phone.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I'm not rooted, but I have thought about it... I think the results of this poll will surprise folks, honestly... Many of the folks who visit this site are tech-savvy (certainly, you do get non-tech-savvy folks here who need help, for sure) but the average person who's going to respond to this poll is probably not totally afraid of rooting their phone. I'm thinking the unrooted-to-rooted ratio might be as little as 2:1 when it's all over. Maybe even less, perhaps?

Yota

Reaction score
Rooted. I was very happy with it stock. Just wanted to play around with it rooted. Can say that after root I don't care to go back to stock. Like my tether and OC. Just use to it rooted now. With the new ROMS that are out there it is really easy now. Either Sholes or BB you really cant mess it up. But if for some reason root was taken away I would be very happy with the phone in stock form.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Huh, almost the same amount of people rooted as there are unrooted....very interesting...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
will root after VZW releases 2.1 and access is gained.

gnmitchell

Reaction score
Rooted and best thing could do to phone. Amazed at how much smoother it runs.