Are you on the Verizon or Alltel Network?

Modulus

Reaction score
Through a series of events, I've found my Droid is actually on the Alltel network, though the plan is a recent plan, created directly with Verizon..

You can check via Settings, About Phone, Status, PRL Version
If you're 65XXX, you're on Alltel
If you're 51XXX, you're on Verizon

I guess that massive amount of Pandora streaming I did the first couple of months got me pushed to the Alltel network, since I know I was on the Verizon network initially..

I'm just wondering what everyone else is on..

Reaction score
Most of Verizon's Network actually belonged to Alltel even before the merger. Former Alltel/Verizon employee here. One big driver for the merger was verizon not having to pay Alltel to roam on our network. So while yes there are large portions of the former alltel network still being upgraded, most of the "verizon" network was alltel at one time anyway.

crspang

Reaction score
Former Alltel prl# is 40059.

Everything works great for me too. The vzw reps told me it wouldn't work unless I changed to a vzw plan which was complete BS.

bllarkin

Reaction score
Alltel, as well, PRL of 40060. Sorry, but I pay $140 for two smartphones on my current plan, I wasn't going to go to a VZW plan and pay $50+ more for the same.

tucripper

Reaction score
Verizon 51xxx I live in a former Altel area though here in Kansas used to be very frustrating to do software and roaming updates I had to drive 20 miles toward Wichita until I got out of "Extended Network" now with the Verizon Upgraded network I'm a happy fella lol.

big.daddy

Reaction score
im a Alltel convert, still have an alltel plan due to unlimited messaging and 7pm n&w. My prl is 40061

OP
M

Modulus

Reaction score
So it seems like I'm the only person that has been switched to the Alltel network even tough I'm not a convert and the plan was initially started with Verizon.. I wouldn't care except that we have a Verizon repeater and for whatever reason, it doesn't support me now that I'm on the Alltel towers..

big.daddy

Reaction score
maybe they converted the towers in your area. I know that verizon and sprint have had roaming agreements in the past. Maybe you were on Sprints towers and have been moved to the alltel towers. I could be totally wrong too:)