Are you kidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedead04

Reaction score
Agreed. Very handy tool. My use of the term "phone" was in comparison with machines or tools of critical function like a pacemaker.
Best I can tell the Bionic as well as the X2 will both serve quite well as "pocket computers" it seems that the principal argument goes to the frustration directed at Motorola for not releasing a pocket computer of sufficient impact to please the bleeding edge consumer thus providing the new owner with bragging rights -vs- simply a very capable "pocket computer" of which it is at least that.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you there. It will be very capable, no doubt about that. Whoever you want to blame (Moto, the forums, or both), this phone is a victim of a rediculous amount of hype and impossible expectations. But when you burn an upgrade on a phone, you damn sure want to get the best one possible, which will be the Bionic at the time of its launch. It won't be the best for long it seems making my choice, and many others obviously, a difficult one when it comes to when and for what we use our upgrades. That is why we take to the forums and try to reason out the decision ahead. I was dead sold on Bionic until I heard other opinions and now frankly I'm beginning to be swayed towards waiting for Vigor and possibly Prime... sigh.

M

Mullensbb

Im talking about people who nonstop cry about being outdated which its not.
Keep waiting for your htc then cause I can promise itll be thanksgiving.
Also,it is about what you like. My dx is great and should go to htc unless its head and shoulders better and available at the same time (which its not).
What the deal is, is that those who hate moto arnt needed to give bs, nonsense opinions.

The point is - if what you have to say is more hate, misinformation, or bs about other phones grow up...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mullensbb

The main point is to grow up, get a life, and go post on a board about your htc or iphone because the people who like their moto will most likely stay with moto and if you never liked moto then shutup your biased opinion doesn't matter anyways!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree with you there. It will be very capable, no doubt about that. Whoever you want to blame (Moto, the forums, or both), this phone is a victim of a rediculous amount of hype and impossible expectations. But when you burn an upgrade on a phone, you damn sure want to get the best one possible, which will be the Bionic at the time of its launch. It won't be the best for long it seems making my choice, and many others obviously, a difficult one when it comes to when and for what we use our upgrades. That is why we take to the forums and try to reason out the decision ahead. I was dead sold on Bionic until I heard other opinions and now frankly I'm beginning to be swayed towards waiting for Vigor and possibly Prime... sigh.

The thing is.....you want to burn you upgrade for the best phone .....to you...for you.

I got a Droid X1, Many ppl fawned over the Fascinate. Didnt sway me to get rid of my phone; benchmarks, multi media features, screen, nothing. I did want to have a family plan to get a Fascinate too...lol....but I wouldnt have traded my Droid X1 for it.

Once we stop chasing the best phone and get whats best to us, for us....it would make things alot simpler.

If I had to choose between the GS2 and Bionic if they both had LTE...past experience would have me leaning towards the Bionic because of some other things. I wanna try LTE at this point so Bionic it is. Maybe...lol

I am also kind of in the boat of wanting to wait to see if anything else is coming soon. But as I think about it...Sept..by the time something else I want comes out it may be by the summer of next year. If the Droid 3 had LTE I probably woulda grabbed that already. Less ram n all. Maybe....lol

Last edited:
M

Mullensbb

Il be the first to admit when a phone is awesome. The htc vigor sounds great and if I wanted to wait past sept. id likely get it.
Iphone, nice but im not an apple person.
So that leaves the bionic as the best phone(pocket pc) expected out by end of september.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
As for Motorola, an American Icon in the realm of Companies. Too bad my phone says "Made in China" but I am still an admirer of the company even if much of the admiration is associated with memories of yesteryear.
As for the Droid Bionic, I will reserve judgement or opinion for when I can trust the source of my information/facts and that is me after I personally handle the device. To engage in any criticism (positive or negative) before that is tantamount to mental masturbation.
As far as our fascination with these electronic devices - a certain degree is to be expected. Past that, obsession is a real possibility.
My experience, that is to be avoided.

M

Mullensbb

Trust me I appreciate intelligent discussion, just not misinformation and bashing.
And what it comes down to is, like you said, the best phone for your money. But you can only compare that to what is available at the time. So the bionic isnt even compareable yet, nor will the nexus and htc ones be if the bionic comes in sept.
That being said if the bionic gets pushed back much further then it WILL have some competition specs wise for sure

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The main point is to grow up, get a life, and go post on a board about your htc or iphone because the people who like their moto will most likely stay with moto and if you never liked moto then shutup your biased opinion doesn't matter anyways!

Your view of what this forum should be like is just not ideal.

Blatantly defending a company just because you like them doesn't inform other members and potential buyers.

A forum like this is used to embrace a company when they're doing well and be willing to criticize their faults so that they may hopefully use the information to improve on their devices.

It's a bit different, but when I was beta testing computer parts, I was a very avid member at EVGA Forums(computer parts manufacturer).

Through our discussions we would actually help the company improve their parts by the discussions we had there, because their Mods were directly linked to the company and would relay information from us testers/builders to the actual company.

I think a majority of members here who you see critiquing Motorola have probably been part of similar situation as I was. We feel if we don't speak up about the down falls of a company's product, then they may go overlooked.

In the end, we all desire the same thing.

A high quality phone that can best represent the majority of it's potential users.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score

Your view of what this forum should be like is just not ideal.

Blatantly defending a company just because you like them doesn't inform other members and potential buyers.

A forum like this is used to embrace a company when they're doing well and be willing to criticize their faults so that they may hopefully use the information to improve on their devices.

It's a bit different, but when I was beta testing computer parts, I was a very avid member at EVGA Forums(computer parts manufacturer).

Through our discussions we would actually help the company improve their parts by the discussions we had there, because their Mods were directly linked to the company and would relay information from us testers/builders to the actual company.

I think a majority of members here who you see critiquing Motorola have probably been part of similar situation as I was. We feel if we don't speak up about the down falls of a company's product, then they may go overlooked.

In the end, we all desire the same thing.

A high quality phone that can best represent the majority of it's potential users.

Just don't try saying too much in the way of criticism about a Carrier of a Droid, that doesn't work out too well.

M

Mullensbb

excuse me? my idea of what this forum should be is an idea of one that is the most usefull. but wait your idea is one where people shoutout misinformation, rumors and bullshi* crying? oh yeah buddy that's real useful

M

Mullensbb

if you don't have accurate information don't say anything. the problem with forums are people like you who want to turn them into little gossip queen websites instead of locations where we can find accurate information and discussions which are relevant about carriers and their phones rather than than bs biased opinions....

you're a real winner man or should I call you a princess

M

Mullensbb

how about you tell me something... what information new and accurate have we gained from this thread? nothing because it's a bunch of people continuously whining over how moto screwed up because of a delayed phone

bigdad63

Reaction score
Its f###ing ridiculous all the trolls shouting out misinformation and their negative bull$h*t opinions. The phone is not out dated, its just not as ahead of the pack as it would have been 5 months ago. Also its all rumors untill the offical specs are released so stop bi*ching. Mostly this phone is for moto fans that want dual core and lte. If you like htc or apple then why would you care anyways since your not a moto person.
Also for all the people saying "i don't need 4g" fine the phones not intended for you either. Most of us who really need 4g use our phones for netflix or wifi tethering (which since I can stream netflix, espn 3 or play xbox live with 3g- 4g will be amazing). So if you dont care for 4g then, again this phones not for you.
For the most part this is going to be a bad ass droid x...
Im tired of the apple loving, moto hating haters that never were truly "waiting" for this phone. Stop hating!
Its not an iphone
Its not outdated
It is a 4glte , dual core, 4.3in screen hdmi out, hd camcorder, home and car dock...
It even has gingerbread, which I would rather have froyo stock with optional ota updates. I find froyo to be a much easier root...

I know some people are going to scream about ice cream sandwich but honestly youre crazy. Its not ready yet- think about the froyo to gb change over/update.

So haters, just quit hating! Moto lovers have fait in moto the bionic will kickass!

Hey guy, its not about loving or hating Moto (for most of us anyway). I have DX and love it and think a bad ass DX would be great, but it's about having the best phone for your buck (and 2-year contract) that will be as future proof and enjoyable as possible. For me, that would be the Vigor should it be released anywhere close to the same time as the Bionic. Also, if we are on this forum, chances are we aren't Apple loving. If a slightly better DX2 with LTE excites you, then good for you... For me, after all this hype and waiting, I'll wait a little longer for something truly new and exceptional such as what the Vigor appears to be.

If it can take pix that don't make everyone look like a smurf and non-stuttering video at least as good as the iphone did 2 years ago, we may have the start of something better.

dancedroid

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
how about you tell me something... what information new and accurate have we gained from this thread? nothing because it's a bunch of people continuously whining over how moto screwed up because of a delayed phone

Was there need for 3 posts in a row? You can edit posts.. just sayin, not tryn to be rude.

Anyways, I get what you're saying if it's stubborn people being stubborn. But I'm seeing a lot of people putting up conversations with valid, or what they think is valid, facts and opinions. No need to bash people and start ranting. You're just doing the same as them, but worse.

Most people just want a good phone.. not, "oh hey, motorola, I gotta have it!".. I could really care less about the brand if it's a good phone.

If people are posting wrong specs, it's likely cause they were misinformed. No need to bash anyone for that, that's not what these forums are for. I get what you're saying, but it'd be better to talk them through it and give them the right info then to call it, "people b*tching around giving wrong information".

As long as people are staying on topic, who cares if people are posting, "oh I don't need 4G really". You're netflix reason doesn't seem to valid to me.. I've personally never had a problem with streaming on my 3G. But, oh well, maybe you have.

I, personally, don't need 4G. Would it be nice? Of course, but not a necessity. I still might get the Bionic though.. whether I say I do or do not need 4G, I'm still used to having the most up to date phone so i'll feel weird without it more than likely. We'll see what the future brings.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Al Neri

Reaction score
I am not disappointed at all with the specs. I am using a crappily running D1 and am very much looking forward to the Bionic. I messed with a D3 and was tempted to switch cause it ran so smoothly. Holding out for the Bionic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.