Are you in favor or against Android dropping the app drawer

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I rarely use the App Drawer myself, but I do use it. I use Apex Launcher, which is highly customizable and basically allows me to set up my homescreens and docks to be able to access my most frequently-used apps. I could probably due away with the app drawer if I had to, but for the sole purpose of it becoming just like iOS without the app drawer, I have to say I think I disapprove of that decision for that fact alone.

We've already got Samsung putting out phones that are just as locked down and generic as iPhones, and that is scary enough as it is as far as resemblance to Apple goes. We don't need anymore of those scary steps, especially directly from Google!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I've never understood this. Why do you want a huge display which tells you nothing?

Is this a serious question?? I like to see things like, a photo from my Vaca 2 weeks ago on my main screen:
2.jpg

I certainly don't want my son's beautiful face covered with icons and widgets:
1.jpg

We have these GORGEOUS 1080p, UHD, IPS, blablabla screens and you don't want to be greeted by a nice pic when you wake up your phone? I say just the opposite: why wouldn't you have a pretty pic on your main home screen?

Put me squarely in the 'Keep the drawer or else' camp. Absolutely horrific idea. In fact, I call BS on this rumor.

//EDIT// Geez, I cut those images 50%...sorry for the hugeness.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Is this a serious question?? I like to see things like, a photo from my Vaca 2 weeks ago on my main screen:

You don't need a $600 phone for that when a $15 digital picture frame does the job just as well.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's no different from how a PC/OS X/Linux desktop manages your applications. Nobody likes a cluttered desktop on a computer- why would you want that on your phone?

Anyone that uses the app drawer and has more than a few dozen apps is already dealing with clutter. That's my point - I don't understand why anyone would use the app drawer.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Anyone that uses the app drawer and has more than a few dozen apps is already dealing with clutter. That's my point - I don't understand why anyone would use the app drawer.

Eh, I disagree. I use my phone as much as my computer, and I have over 50-100 apps that I do, in fact, use. Every couple of months I try to go through them all and delete them, and then realize I don't really have anything to delete. I'll always need more than 32GB in a phone :p

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Oh hell yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait till I have pages of apps and widgets jumbled and mixed together. Im just wondering what took so damn long to do this.

Wish they'd get rid of Hangouts too while they're in the lab and introduce a replacement app with less features...

duxdad

Reaction score
Never thought much about the app drawer, but I do use it for apps I use only occasionally. I "think" I would miss it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Does the $15 digital frame stream music, let me make phone calls, etc?

Right? I don't even understand that comment. I should carry a picture frame in my pocket so I can look at it any time I want? Will a $15 picture frame be Ultra HD?
I think you misunderstand. I don't keep a pic on my main homescreen so I can carry the pic around. I carry a computer with me and I want something pretty to look at when I unlock it.
More like a bonus.

;) ;)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
2 things;

What is that thing your daughter is holding in her hands MountainBikerMark?
:D
What's with the cake in the OP? I don't recognize it? Nutmeg Cake?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Yikes, why doesn't make any sense to me. I still miss the menu button. One app I use everyday doesn’t have a "more" or the "3 dots" and I have to live their stupid voice confirmations. Does anybody at Google actually use their phone for work?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I keep apps on my phone that I rarely use... I keep them in an app drawer.

guess if they get rid of the app drawer I'll just make a folder that will do the exact same thing.

maybe they'll allow folders inside folders so I could have a garbage bloatware folder that is deep inside a never ever used corner of my homescreen.

the appdrawer is basically a default folder for all apps... why remove it? just seems pointless.