Are you impressed with the Droid Pro?

everstar80

Reaction score
IMO i think it sucks. I can't believe that Motorola are releasing these phones! Maybe its to reach more demographics but they don't seem any better than devices released over a year ago. Android 2.1, really? I hate the verical keyboard and the screen; i think the whole design is flawed.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Not a fan of it BUT I will say that it is a smart move by Moto. They are saturating the market with different devices.

More choices, broader customer base.

Good business move.
Ours is not to question why, ours is but to say "yay Android!"

Everyone has different needs and wants when it comes to phones. I refused to consider the Incredible because of the lack of hardware keyboard even though I was moving from a TracFone flip phone to a Droid 1 on a contract for the first time. Price was a big selling point, too, as $20 was a lot easier to swallow than $149.

This phone, ugly as it may seem to we "purist" Android users, makes more sense than the LG Ally or the Devour does, really. It's aimed at hardcore Blackberry users, and as such I think it'll hit the mark. Have you seen/held/played with the Torch? It's terrible. It's a hybrid Storm/Bold, oversized, and clunky. The OS is still RIM and therefore limited. This? If they slap on extra Exchange/VPN/etc. support and make it so you don't have to root the bugger to get TUN et. al. support they'll have a surefire winner among business users.

Ugly? Yes. Impressed? Not with the phone, but yes with the thought behind it and the possibilities it entails for Android as a whole.

Zippster

Reaction score
Gonna hand my Droid 1 down to my wife soon and was looking for my next "it" phone, this is definitely not "it" :icon_evil:

Darkseider

Reaction score
Yes. This is the Droid that I believe will start getting the Blakberry crowd over to Android. The device is perfect for a business user, BB convert. It is also appropriately named knowing the target market. The Droid Pro(fessional) kind of gives it a more business sound rather than the INCREDIBLE!! EVO!!! EPIC!!!

mtavenger55

Reaction score
Being a current Blackberry user I am impressed by the Pro & am strongly considering upgrading to the Pro next month!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
IMO i think it sucks. I can't believe that Motorola are releasing these phones! Maybe its to reach more demographics but they don't seem any better than devices released over a year ago. Android 2.1, really? I hate the verical keyboard and the screen; i think the whole design is flawed.

The only real Android device over a year old is the G1. And you don't think this is better than that? Its specs are very on par with current devices. Also the only phone to launch with 2.2 was the D2. Since this is geared towards business users, and to sway the die hard BB fans. I think this will be a hit when its all said and done. Its not for me, but it will do well.

Sent from somewhere...