are there any nook tablet sub forums here - help?

ABZ

Reaction score
I've asked at 2 forums other than this board about how to replace the non-working digitizers in the nook color LCD + digitizer assemblies that I bought on ebay for $6 ea last week, and so far I've received no replies to my questions at these other forums.

but if it's allowed here on this board, can I do a copy/paste of my nook color front panel assembly questions here in the android tech forum?

I really like it here on this board, the members here are very helpful, and I wish that all the different nook tablet issues/help would be included here for folks like me.

just wondering,

thanks in advance.

OP
A

ABZ

Reaction score
Hello ABZ, you might have better luck at our sister site dedicated to Android Tablets at - Android Tablet Forum

when I clicked on this link it took me to another tablet site, where I saw my user name, "AlienBZ," it is one of the forums I had asked about replacing the nook color digitizers in where I got no replies (and still haven't received any replies).

We have a dedicated nook section as well - Nook

clicking on your second link takes me directly to the place where I posted my questions,

Nook - in nook color technical

so far i still haven't received any replies.

OP
A

ABZ

Reaction score
I made another post asking about how to troubleshoot the digitizers in these screens I got in the nook color technical forum earlier today at 1:30 this afternoon, but didn't get any replies in that thread either. so I did what I think was a big mistake: I asked the eBay seller that sold those screens on eBay to me a few troubleshooter questions, the kind of questions that a computer tech would ask a customer that has a non-working computer, and now I think I'm going to regret it later?

EDIT - this is what I asked the seller:

regarding separating the glass from the digitizers in these screens, I did a bit of googling and an article somewhere said yes it can be done but it's very difficult and the chances of success is very slim, so now I'm thinking to myself, that instead of trying to separate the LCD and the digitizers, why not try to find out why these digitizers in these screens do not work, so may I please ask a few questions pertaining to why these digitizers don't work so that I might try to troubleshoot them and get their digitizers working again -

--when did you notice that these screens stopped responding to touch?

--what happened to the screens (anything odd/unusual) just before you noticed that they no longer responded to touch?

--what did you do (if anything) to try to make them respond to touch after they stopped responding to touch?

could you answer my questions, if you can, since I'm a student computer tech.

thanks in advance.

Finally I got a reply (to a PM to one of the admins where I posted my first questions in in the nook color accessories forum) at xda developers yesterday eve, well, he pointed me to where I should've posted my questions so I fixed yesterday evening's mistake a few moments ago.