Nook Color- Android Tablet for 249.99?

sansavi

Reaction score
Whilst roaming Twitter as I always do for Android spotlights, I came across something interesting(and rather enticing).

Seems someone figured out how to root the Nook Color from Barnes and Noble to be a fully working Android tablet.

Video Here:
[video=youtube;-1kCi96AbBM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1kCi96AbBM]YouTube - Quick Look Barnes and Noble NOOK Color Android Tablet with Angry Birds by AndroidSPIN[/video]

I've also seen that some involuntary factory resets are being pushed, but without any countermeasures to rooting, enabling the user to easily re-root and enjoy their discount tablet.

So, what's your guys' take? Would you throw down 249.99 for a tablet? I'm considering it myself, the casing is fantastic looking, the screen looks great(as much as you can tell in the video.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Better tablet alternatives out for the price. Archos makes some really nice ones for cheap a lot more coming soon. So personally I would skip this for the purposes of a tablet.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Nook Color Get's Kindle Apps... Detailed Instructions For That And More

Lots of info on the Nook Color over on that site. It's actually a really good tablet once it's rooted, and it's backed by a very solid warranty from a reputable company. Not that the Archos isn't a great tablet, mind you, but I'm saying don't knock the NC or count it out quite yet. :)