Are Sales Reps .....

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personally I dont qualify to upgrade my plan since I am on an dealer line. We have to buy phones retail out of contract. YOu have to dig deep in your pocket at first but eventually it pays off since I only pay $34 month total with insurance dancedroid

wow.....see now you are saving money. Even if you buy the phone for $599 or $699 you are going to save by the end of the year. My bill is around $160 for 2 Droid's with unlimited data.

mgangrock

Reaction score
4g??? haha...i wouldnt trust that map on verizons website

I did,,congradulations you live in a 4g area lol...while it shows i do,,,i dont get 4g at all,,,i called support and went to a verizon store,,they both told me i should be getting it..support had me get a new phone so i did,,still dont get it..not only that but 3g very shotty at best..im hopeing they do something soon to correct this.

MrKleen

Reaction score
That's great. Verizon doesn't know what they are doing, yet you still have Verizon? Who does know what they are doing?

The TB is pretty damned sweet considering what it can do even in 3G. How many other Verizon phones can web search while using talk?

Would just like to see the battery not drain in 4G.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

You miss my point. The sales rep told me I did not have 4g, so I left without buying the phone. Just by chance the next day I was looking while in Best Buy and the guy showed me the map which I was sitting square in the center. The Verizon salescrew couldn't read their own map.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Verizon salescrew couldn't read their own map.

Or have arrangements with Best Buy and wanted to make more money....figure they probably make more off you buying the phone for $599 then they do when you buy it for $249. Even if BB gets a cut.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
When you went to verizon did you tell them you wanted to upgrade with a 2 year contract or you wanted to buy it at retail without a contract. There are verizon stores out there who wont sell the TB for customers upgrading. They only want new customers with 2 year contract. Maybe thats why he played stupid so you can leave.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
that could very well be. I always just do upgrades on the phone with VZW. I have never gone into a store for a phone outside of my very first "introduction" phone when I signed up with VZW.

MrKleen

Reaction score
The Verizon salescrew couldn't read their own map.

Or have arrangements with Best Buy and wanted to make more money....figure they probably make more off you buying the phone for $599 then they do when you buy it for $249. Even if BB gets a cut.

You gotta be kidding me... Don't you understand why someone would have to pay full price?

Nevermind.....

funkyb

Reaction score
Any smartphone at retail is expensive...the vast majority gets it with a plan for far less. I paid 199.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
For the kids that have parents pay the bills I will explain why someone would have to pay retail for a phone.

To get a subsidized price you have to sign a two year contract. Let's say you bought a brand new Droid X 4 months ago and wanted a new Thunderbolt. If you want a new phone before the two years is up you have to pay full price.

Last edited:

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Would Mr Kleen happen to be in a janitorial business, or am I just blowing hot air

MrKleen

Reaction score
LOL... Water damage restoration and carpet cleaning.

Water damage is where the money is.

geoff5093

Reaction score
For the kids that have parents pay the bills I will explain why someone would have to pay retail for a phone.

To get a subsidized price you have to sign a two year contract. Let's say you bought a brand new Droid X 4 months ago and wanted a new Thunderbolt. If you want a new phone before the two years is up you have to pay full price.
I was 9 months into a 2 year contract and was able to upgrade tot he TB for just $20 more for a 2 year contract.