ARA Like Modular Project From The Founder Of ARA Still Coming?

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yesterday we learned that Project ARA had been cancelled by Google. While it was a sad day it was also a long time coming. The final version of the ARA that Google had toyed with releasing wouldn't even allow you to change out your display, or cpu. There is a silver lining to all of this though. It turns out the founder of Project ARA is not giving up on the dream. Dan Makoski will be working with Nexpaq a company producing modular cases for already popular devices.

For now Nexpaq offers modular cases for devices like the iPhone 6, Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. The cases modules include sd card readers, batteries, laser pointers, and even a breathalyzer. While the project only encompasses cases for now, and NexPaq has stated they are not working on a modular phone, you have to wonder if they will eventually tackle modular phones.

NexPaq

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I see a new product line coming there! I'll be watching this closely and with anticipation.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
This would be awesome Mod for the Droid Z. A Modular Pak Mod. That would make it really close to the Ara.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This would be awesome Mod for the Droid Z. A Modular Pak Mod. That would make it really close to the Ara.
^ That is a great idea! OMG, so great an idea. Someone has to do it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Thank you! Just looking at this and seeing the Moto Mods and thought it would be a Perfect match especially since it kind of looks like one. I would definitely get it for the Droid Z Force. It would be cool to have all that Potential and would actually make that more phone Even better.