apps uninstalling themselves on droid bionic

threecatranch

Reaction score
My apps are disappearing too. Luckily when i reinstall them the settings i had made come back. Anyone know how we will find out when this bug is fixed and how to get it taken care of?

OP
T

threecatranch

Reaction score
apps disappearing

Yes. Only apps installed to the sd card disappear. Any idea how we will know if/when they get this fixed?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a bug with the launcher, and the way it builds the installed apps database. Perhaps it is performing the indexing operation before all storage media is fully mounted. This is a pretty widespread issue, and apparently both Moto and VZW are aware of it. I would venture to guess that the next OS update will not make it past internal testing until this issue is worked out, seeing as it is a pretty significant one.

EDIT: I have noticed that the apps that "disappear" are actually listed as "not installed" in "My Apps". I'm not sure that this means that they have actually been uninstalled; however, as I believe Market gets this info from the database on the phone. With the random "invalid package" and "insufficient storage space" messages, i'm almost wondering if the storage memory is mounting and dismounting itself at random intervals. Whatever it is doing, I am confident that the issue is software based and will be fixed with an OS update. They probably need to fix the way Android works with the new partition layout.

Last edited:

vulcancruiser95

Reaction score
I did notice that on one occasion i had some apps disappear and i shut the phone off and back on and they then they were back.

Reaction score
I have had the same exact issue with my DX2 since day one. And I got one of the origionals. And both VZW and Moto thought I was high when I was trying to tell them this back in May 2011. Not to sound like I am laughing at your pain, because it sucks, I know. I am just glad I'm not the poor dude having this problem. Lol!

Last edited:

zachdroid

Reaction score
Im having one app not just disappear. But actually uninstall itself. What sucks is its an abc app my kid likes to play with. It has uninstalled itself the same day I installed it. Usually will last a day or so but not recently. Not quite sure what to do. All apps are installed in the device not the sdcard. Still happening.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
T

threecatranch

Reaction score
Today the verizon tech guy told me it is a known issue &that he heard its should get fixed soon. That is with the bionic which I have. Didn't comment on the droid x2.

Reaction score
Today the verizon tech guy told me it is a known issue &that he heard its should get fixed soon. That is with the bionic which I have. Didn't comment on the droid x2.

Lmao! They still think I'm off my rocker! Oh well. At least now I am "legitimate" now, as I have a Bionic also. It's the same exact thing as my X2. Though I am seeing that this seems to be happening a lot more on the Bionic.

Has this always had 2.3.4? Or did it ship with 2.3.3 on release day? Maybe it got worse with 2.3.4?

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

OP
T

threecatranch

Reaction score
All of my apps except one! Have stayed in place is long as I keep them on the phone not psd card! One that has kept disappearing even on the phone is called Medscape. To keep it from continually disappearing I uploaded it to Dropbox using an app called App Backup and Restore. Then I downloaded it to the SD card and took it back to the phone's app menu from there. Now it has stayed in place on both the phone and the SD card. Don't really know why,but it has worked.