Apps slow to load after exiting apps or browser.

celtic11

Reaction score
I've been having a problem for a few months now and it seems to have started with my 2.2 update. Was hoping 2.2.1 would fix it but it didn't.

My problem is that many times when I exit an app or the browser my apps do not show up on the screen or the app menu, I can't access the settings, and I can't swipe from screen to screen I have to touch the little dots at the bottom. After 30 seconds or so it goes back to normal but sometimes its very annoying. I've also noticed that when I encounter this problem its slow to exit whatever app I was using. If I am browsing and hit the home button and it immediately exits then ill have access to everything but if it hesitates at all then that is when I have the problem.

I hope some of that makes sense to someone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Starting with 2.2 the launcher is now thrown out of memory if the memory is needed by another process. That is good in one way since you now have more free memory available, but bad in another since you now need to wait for the launcher to reload when you go back to it. Try using LauncherPro or ADW as your default launcher. Both are faster than the stock launcher and give you the option to keep them in memory.