Apps keep running in background

Reaction score
Killing apps is unnecessary. If you compare tasks that are "running" and what is using your battery (you can see from settings->about phone) apps that aren't being used doesn't use your battery. Think of it as MAC OS. Programs not currently in use don't use up memory, which in turn saves battery.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

"Think of it as MAC OS."

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Best post ever?... Maybe. :/

spurscar

Reaction score
Mac blows, nothing like paying more for reduced functionality overall simply because something's pretty or well marketed.

Anyway, I like killing tasks. I like opening "Internet" and not having it at my last page I had open. Programs should close. Menu -> Exit, is it really that hard to offer?

Not because of memory management or anything like that - just because it's how things should be. Neat and organized and not a cluster of apps in various states all still running.

mikes

Reaction score
Anyone who says they are not necessary, is wrong, and I think Google agrees.
Which is why one is included as a standard part of the Android OS.:rolleyes:

Seriously, the only reason to have a task killer is to compensate for using ill-behaved apps. Better to just nuke the bad app in the first place.

bl42ed0

Reaction score
Mac blows, nothing like paying more for reduced functionality overall simply because something's pretty or well marketed.

I can't imagine you have used much of the mac OS to make a comment like that.

Oh and +1 to mikes post

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Seriously, the only reason to have a task killer is to compensate for using ill-behaved apps. Better to just nuke the bad app in the first place.

agreed. there is a ruuning apps in the manage apps menu. no need for anything else.

JCo352

Reaction score

Yea, people should just "nuke" Google Maps.

JCo352

Reaction score

agreed. there is a ruuning apps in the manage apps menu. no need for anything else.

Yep, that is so much more convenient, than the one touch my task killer allows me to do it in.

stanwelks

Reaction score
How do you use the ruuning apps in the manage apps menu? What do you do with this info?

mikes

Reaction score
If you're referring to the reported battery drain issues with Google Maps 4.2.0, then yes, you can simply uninstall the updates. You really should know WTF you're talking about before making flip comments.

Not everyone has an issue with 4.2.0, I haven't seen any related battery drain.

spurscar

Reaction score

Oh and +1 to mikes post

I have and actually have to support a few at work too - and I promise you there is more you cannot do with a Mac than visa versa with a PC, both software and hardware.

That's not to say Mac is unusable of course, just pointing out that folks are paying more money for something that does less. But, to each their own - it's really fun to watch them defend it though, esp. when they say "Well I can always dual boot it with Windows to do <whatever>". Yeah, cause that's good logic there. :)

spurscar

Reaction score
If you're referring to the reported battery drain issues with Google Maps 4.2.0, then yes, you can simply uninstall the updates. You really should know WTF you're talking about before making flip comments.

Not everyone has an issue with 4.2.0, I haven't seen any related battery drain.

I haven't either, in fact battery life has been... heh, Incredible... after the first 4-5 charge/discharge cycles. I have a 1500mAH battery on the way even and probably could have just saved that $16 now.

Darkseider

Reaction score

Oh and +1 to mikes post

Gotta chime in on this. Mac OS is HORRIBLE from nearly every perspective except aesthetics. It is horribly under-performing due to the mach kernel and its' completely inefficient method of handling multiple threads. I don't feel like explaining this in detail if you choose you can look it up. When doing anything that is VERY processor intensive, particularly something that spawns multiple threads, OS X just dies. Whereas Linux, BSD and even Windows handle this much better.

mikes

Reaction score
spurscar said:
Mac blows ... there is more you cannot do with a Mac than visa versa with a PC
Offtopic, flamebait. :ban:

Mac OS is HORRIBLE ... Linux, BSD and even Windows handle this much better.

:closed_2:?