Apps launching in background

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjo1966

Reaction score
I've had my Droid for a couple of weeks, and experienced a new problem yesterday. I had spent the morning in a facility where I get no signal at all. I attempted connecting to the company's Wi-Fi, but spent most of the day in Airplane Mode. I was able to use the Droid once I left without problem for a couple of hours. Then I went to use it and it was dead and wouldn't power on. I did a battery pull and it came back, with plenty of charge in the battery. Since that time, apps have been launching in the background on their own. I had to install Advanced Task Manager a while back because an app I use a lot needs rebooting. When I go in now, apps I haven't opened in days are listed as running. I'll shut down all apps then hit refresh and a dozen apps come up. Has anyone else experienced this?

I know it's not necessary to obsess over what apps are running in the background, but this is not normal behavior.

eliassami5

Reaction score
I've had my Droid for a couple of weeks, and experienced a new problem yesterday. I had spent the morning in a facility where I get no signal at all. I attempted connecting to the company's Wi-Fi, but spent most of the day in Airplane Mode. I was able to use the Droid once I left without problem for a couple of hours. Then I went to use it and it was dead and wouldn't power on. I did a battery pull and it came back, with plenty of charge in the battery. Since that time, apps have been launching in the background on their own. I had to install Advanced Task Manager a while back because an app I use a lot needs rebooting. When I go in now, apps I haven't opened in days are listed as running. I'll shut down all apps then hit refresh and a dozen apps come up. Has anyone else experienced this?

I know it's not necessary to obsess over what apps are running in the background, but this is not normal behavior.

yes it is normal behavior, its been beaten to death on this forum many, many, many times. They need to "preload" themselves in order to open quickly on demand when you need them. Such as the camera or other process that take time to open.

heres a sticky for you. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

OP
P

pjo1966

Reaction score
I had seen the sticky. Thanks. My point was that this is new behavior. I have never seen it go from zero apps running to over a dozen in the span of a few seconds.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had seen the sticky. Thanks. My point was that this is new behavior. I have never seen it go from zero apps running to over a dozen in the span of a few seconds.

No, look at the date of the original thread and you can see it was being discussed even prior to the start of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.