Apps failing to update - anyone else?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had several apps fail to update from the market - downloads, but update fails repeatedly.

Aldiko, Amazon's Kindle app, Trip-It, and Angry Birds...

Installation error is "Unknown reason - 18".

Anyone else, got any idea for a fix?

Clearing data for the market app and rebooting now...didn't help, same failure.

Help!

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Move everything off your sdcard, if its on there then retry. Clear market data if that doesn't work. If all else fails, unmount your sdcard and update, then remount.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Move everything off your sdcard, if its on there then retry. Clear market data if that doesn't work. If all else fails, unmount your sdcard and update, then remount.

Sent from somewhere...

Thanks...moved all apps off SD card (only had three, but one of them was Aldiko and another was TripIt, third was SliceIt), cleared market data, rebooted, and tried to install Aldiko update, still didn't work.

Uninstalled Aldiko, cleared market data and rebooted again, and tried to install Aldiko and TripIt again, and both are still failing...<gnashes teeth>

TripIt and Aldiko were installed but the Market didn't realize it...I uninstalled Aldiko thinking that the Market would then let me install it, but same failure.

Tried unmounting SD card next...worked.

Apps that wouldn't install or update now installed/updated.

Thanks very much...

Wondering now if I'm going to have to back up my SD card data, format, and restore...

Last edited: