Approach for Moto Display not working

btc1951

Reaction score
Since waking this morning, this feature has stopped working even though it is still checked in Moto. Granted I've be tweaking some settings to try to get better battery life but I can't imagine what could be interfering with it, causing it not to work. I now have to press the power button. I did download GSam Battery Monitor but that by itself shouldn't have caused a problem. Any thoughts as to what I might have done?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Since waking this morning, this feature has stopped working even though it is still checked in Moto. Granted I've be tweaking some settings to try to get better battery life but I can't imagine what could be interfering with it, causing it not to work. I now have to press the power button. I did download GSam Battery Monitor but that by itself shouldn't have caused a problem. Any thoughts as to what I might have done?
Couldn't say for sure but a simple reboot solves baby problems. It could have been a tweak you made our it could be an app that's causing a conflict. Either way, give it a reboot.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Our "Phones" are everybit (no pun intended) little computers. Something acts up on my Computer first thing I do is a reboot. Same with my Printer. I had to "reboot" my Jeep the other day, the windows stopped working. Shut it off and restarted it - hasn't done it since.
No wonder I admire my pocket knife so much, it's the one thing in my life that just always works......

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I had a weird thing happen at 11am today. I received notifications about old emails. They kept coming. 4 then 26, it stopped at 126 emails, all old ones that I received notifications on when I first got them.

Poltergeists?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's a good idea to reboot your phone at LEAST once a week. Just keeps things a bit more fresh and doesn't take much time at all. Do it right before bed or right after you wake up and it shouldn't even impact your daily use.

I had a weird thing happen at 11am today. I received notifications about old emails. They kept coming. 4 then 26, it stopped at 126 emails, all old ones that I received notifications on when I first got them.

Poltergeists?
In gmail, or the "email" app? And who's your actual email service provider? I periodically get notified of "New" emails in the email app that I read a long time ago on the phone, but I blame the servers on my provider's side, because it's through the hosting company that hosts the website for my community theater group.

Reactions: cr6

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Its my gmail app. My Yahoo mail is connected (I guess that's how you'd say it).

Today was the first time for this.

I shut my power off my phone at least once a day.

No biggie, I hope. Was amusing.

=^.".^=

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Its my gmail app. My Yahoo mail is connected (I guess that's how you'd say it).

Today was the first time for this.

I shut my power off my phone at least once a day.

No biggie, I hope. Was amusing.

=^.".^=

My turbo is doing it again. 40 50 138 new mail but there is none. Same time as yesterday.

Maybe I should update the Gmail app?

Weird

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My turbo is doing it again. 40 50 138 new mail but there is none. Same time as yesterday.

Maybe I should update the Gmail app?

Weird
I'd be more inclined to think it's an issue with the Yahoo server and/or how it and gmail converse with each other, but that certainly couldn't hurt if you've got an update available for it.