Applications You Will Get

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
For those of you that want the Moto Droid and, like me, love the home screen look of HTC's UI there are couple of options.

I see that gardobus has already posted Beautiful Widgets, but there is another app that will do this too and the weather icons are animated. It is also skin-able and called Weather Widget - Donate. I have read that either or both of these may have problems or may not work at all when using a home replacement program though.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, note that when I tried to use Home replacements on an emulator running 2.0, none would work. I'm not sure if its an emulator issue or a 2.0 issue or what. It didn't cause the whole device to crash, the home replacement just Force Closed and I had to open the default home. Hopefully they'll update them to be 2.0 friendly soon.

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would expect a small patch at least within a couple weeks of the droid going live, to fix minor issues here and there.

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
A friend of mine with a G1 was trying out open home and ahome last night. He could not get widgets to work with either. This morning he showed me Panda Home (apparently very hard to find on AndroidLib) and it not only works with widgets, but will also let you use themes from any of the others.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I put GDE on my list, I think out of all the ones I've looked at, its one of my favorites. Mostly for the cool cube effect haha. I like Sweeter Home's scrolling panes though, that is handy.

rutger1413

Reaction score
I love sweeter home. The only issue i have with it is the lack of communication from the dev. Preview 2 isn't out yet that fixes a lot of issues with preview 1 so i will be trying something else out.

The issue with the dev not communicating well has me concerned how soon bug fixes will be done on the app.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
AndroZip File Manager
Weight Loss for Cardio Trainer
1337pwn.com

AndroLib seems hard to search.
Thanks guys.

Is there some form of App Store from verizon for corporate branded apps? will these apps be allowed to be charged to my mobile bill?

something like http://Android.MobileAppstore.com

tia,
Dean
I believe the market in Android 2.0 has a carrier specific tab or category of some sort. One review said that it currently only has Visual Voicemail but that it will most likely get more VZW Apps in the future.

djstar2k2

Reaction score
AndroZip File Manager
Weight Loss for Cardio Trainer
1337pwn.com

AndroLib seems hard to search. Anybody have tips on how to make it more effective? I'm looking for an app to track my workouts and what I eat, something to track my open jobs (I'm a recruiter) and there is this cool iPhone app where you can play a song and the app will tell you the song name.

Thanks guys.

the app for the song finder is shazam. it works great on android 1.6 on the G1. i love it cuz im a dj and songs come out so much these days i have no clue what they are at times lol

jaxjaggywires

Reaction score
Question....is there a good music app out there? Since the included music software for the Droid is getting pretty poor reviews, are there alternatives?