Apple v. Samsung Damages Retrial Concludes: Samsung Now Owes Apple $290 Million More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung_applelawsuit.jpg

About a week ago we reminded you guys that the 100 Year war between Apple and Samsung was still going on. This phase of the fight is the damages retrial. It just concluded and the resulting verdict came down in Apple's favor again to the tune of $290 Million. This means the total damages that Samsung will owe Apple have skyrocketed back up to around $900 Million.

To recap:
  • The original damage award was $1+Billion dollars.
  • Judge Koh later found that some of the damage numbers were erroneously calculated by the jury.
  • She reduced the award by about $450 Million, resulting in an award of about $600+ Million.
  • This new damages retrial started up about a week ago. Apple was asking for another $380 Million, but Samsung argued it only owed an additional $52 Million.
  • This trial now concluded and the Jury awarded Apple an additional $290 Million.
As a reminder, this is not the appeal trial for the final verdict. That trial is set to occur in March 2014. We will keep you apprised at that time. This war seems to keep bouncing back and forth. I stopped liking roller-coasters when I was a kid...

Source: AndroidPolice

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tin hat on.
Just like both sides are in on the fix in congress I'm starting to think Apple and Samsung are in cahoots and up to something . Just like congress uses the media to blame the other side while in bed with the other side, the lack of Samsung fighting back other than a trial in Apple's back yard is strange. Yes there's the appeal next year but that just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Samsung made a fortune from free advertising over the global lawsuits and no lawyer is that stupid that couldn't see that coming.
Tin hat off.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

VirtualCLD

Reaction score
This war seems to keep bouncing back and forth. I stopped liking roller-coasters when I was a kid...

You stopped liking roller coaster?! Now why would you go and do a silly thing like that? :biggrin: Roller coasters are awesome!
I would be interested to see how the appeal process will progress if the US PTO fully invalidates the pinch-to-zoom patent. I realize they have already issued a preliminary ruling invalidating it and that it is only one of several patents in the trial (or maybe it's not and I'm wrong), but maybe it would change some of the verdict in appeals.

Reaction score
Apple is desperate for money their new phones didn't do well their stocks are going down. Any way for them to stay a float

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Droid Forums

Rhino94

Reaction score
I would like to see Apple take on Google because I think Google would just take their **** and throw it in the trash so to speak. Apple has to hit the guys just making the money while Google is so rich that it probably ****s Benjamin's.