Apple September 9th Event Discussion

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Touch lightly for one option, touch harder for more. Yeah. That's gonna work great...
I have enough of a hard time explaining to my parents about settings and all that, thanks Apple, you're going to make my "job" even 3x more difficult thanks to force touch.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Apple TV or Roku 3?

Roku 3. Of all the streaming devices I have tried it still remains king. Dont get me wrong the Nexus Player and Amazon fire has a better interface but there always seems to be a "yeah but" with those other two. The Nexus Player will not play Amazon Prime content out of the box (I am sure you can use Kodi and probably get it to work), Amazon Fire will not play Google Play content (out of the box) and neither plays USTVNOW. But the ROKU 3, despite being slower and having an outdated UI, plays all content, USTVNOW, and you can side load channels. The Roku 3 is by far the King and unless a device comes along and plays all channels out of the box without having to learn kodi, then I personally place the Roku 3 as the set top box a cable cutter must have.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
So it's a 12MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera? 2GB of RAM. Finally. They should have put the 2 gigs in the first i6 Plus.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Entry level is still 16GB. These oems all need to stop it right now. That's not enough when you're souping up the cameras.

The 16gig is their top selling phone. They won't kill that line off.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't have a Mac or a reliable Win10 PC at work, so I've been following the Verge's liveblog. Funny stuff. They're talking trash on One Republic now. Haha

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
One More Thing has been copyrighted by another company.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Finally!!!!! Finally everything I want and I can ditch Android now!!!!!! Yes!! When does this come out??? Yeah I know we already have em...but when does apple release them???

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously? That's it? And folks are getting excited about a 12mp camera and 2GB of ram? I can see with only 16 gig internal, before os, why the excitement over a camera not becoming a memory hog with all those selfies but they're just now starting to have 2GB of RAM? I didn't pay them much attention, just assumed when Samsung , and others, jumped to 3 a while back that Apple had done so last year.
Or is it just me?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4