Apple is Suing Amazon for Trademark Infringement Over "Appstore"

akappy332

Reaction score
Why Apple Suing Amazon Is the Right Move: Apple News, Tips and Reviews «

interesting perspective in the second half (after the quote) of that article

Yea interesting article, but i still don't think it's going to effect the apple app store. I mean even if the term is "mixed" into a wider category of phones in the end, if you have an apple device you're going to go the the apple app store. It's not like apple users are going to have a different app experience. Unlike android, they don't get choices on where to shop :)

n0yxl

Reaction score
What a load of crap from Apple. I'd like to dump a truck full of manure in front of Steve Jobs front door. Their business practices are obscenely greedy.

I'll never buy an Apple product.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, free advertising for Amazon. People will go to their site to see what the fuss is about.

n0yxl

Reaction score
I'd like to stuff those Lawyers @Apple into a room full of hunger alligators. Let's see them try to sue their way out of that one. :)

stinger161

Reaction score
This just in from Reuters: "Appellate judge Hugh Jass after reviewing Apple's claim of copyright infringement on Amazon's Android appstore. "After reviewing both parties' list of applications and customer reviews it is my finding that the majority of actual real world useful apps belongs to Android and their subsidiary in this case, Amazon. From this point on Apple's consortium of "smart"phone applications shall be known as Crappstore." Reporting from Seattle this is Peter Buck.

UNC

Reaction score
If it was called the "Market" Google would be suing, so don't just blindly hate on Apple. Apple has spent tons of money advertising its "app store"... To hold it against them that they protect their investment is ridiculous. I hope none of you ever copyright anything, if you do the General non-knowing public will hold it against you when you try to protect it....

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
what's funny is people thinking Apple is the only company who sues for stuff like this. People act like Google is above these business practices. That's no excuse for Apple to do this but this is how big business works, like it or not everybody sues everyone else for stupid stuff every single day.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ugh... no edit. I'm a dope. Apple is App Store and Amazon is Appstore. I bet that space will be their argument.

I remember Toys (backwards) R Us trying to sue a company because it was a similar name (I think it was Lamps R Us), but the R was correct. That fact killed the lawsuit.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Why Apple Suing Amazon Is the Right Move: Apple News, Tips and Reviews «

interesting perspective in the second half (after the quote) of that article

Yea interesting article, but i still don't think it's going to effect the apple app store. I mean even if the term is "mixed" into a wider category of phones in the end, if you have an apple device you're going to go the the apple app store. It's not like apple users are going to have a different app experience. Unlike android, they don't get choices on where to shop :)

I'll agree with this statement here. I believe that anybody referring to the Amazon Appstore will call it just that - the "Amazon Appstore." I don't really forsee anyone referring to it as just "Appstore." Therefore, there should be no confusion on the matter. The "App Store" is clearly Apple, and the "Amazon Appstore" is clearly not the same.

With that said, I think I'm going to go file a copyright for the word "the." That'll teach all you other people out there who think you can just go and use MY commonly used words.

As long as there's technology, I don't think we'll ever see and end to copyright wars. I mean, look at how many lawsuits there have been since Android came out...

Play a jam!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it was called the "Market" Google would be suing, so don't just blindly hate on Apple. Apple has spent tons of money advertising its "app store"... To hold it against them that they protect their investment is ridiculous. I hope none of you ever copyright anything, if you do the General non-knowing public will hold it against you when you try to protect it....

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

what's funny is people thinking Apple is the only company who sues for stuff like this. People act like Google is above these business practices. That's no excuse for Apple to do this but this is how big business works, like it or not everybody sues everyone else for stupid stuff every single day.

The voices of sanity in a thread full of insanity.

Lespaul20

Reaction score

Exactly, has no one ever heard of Monster Cable?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
If they trademarked it, why wouldn't they sue? That's the point of a trademark...

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Sorry, no matter how much I hate Apple, they own the trademark and have the right to sue. Apple didn't wait 2 years or something, it was immediate. Amazon App Market or something would work just fine.

sn2hotty

Reaction score
This reminds me of Paris Hilton trying to trademark "That's hot!" Ridiculous. I think I'm gonna start a store, and call it "My Store". And none of you better use that name, or I'll sue! LOL

And those who said it are correct- I'm no fan of Apple, in fact I can't stand them, but I'm sure that if the tables were turned, and Apple opened up a "Market", Google would be filing a Trademark Infringement complaint the following day.