Apple iPad Dock - iPad2? iPhone4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamaredman

Reaction score
I have an Apple dock made for the first gen iPad.

This one... Apple iPad Dock - Apple Store (U.S.)

I use it for my iPad2 and it seems to work fine... charges/syncs, and it holds securely. (Charges only when plugged into wall... not USB to PC)

I can also use it for my iPhone4... charges/syncs, and holds "fairly" securely... there's just enough room.

Do I have anything to worry about by using this dock for both devices? Any concern of overcharging or damaging either device?

My intention is to own two iPad docks that I can put in two different rooms and use for both devices. Because of the shape of the iPhone4 dock, it can not be used for an iPad2.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Looks at the top banner...Droid Forums....hmmmm...:)

Really, I have no idea if there will be any charging issues...I would assume that there wouldnt be...but you need to verify the actual charging stats for each device and compare them to the charging stat from the dock in question.

And, I would think this would be a question better answered on an Apple based forum...most users here are gonna be full-on Android...but good luck either way...:)

OP
yamaredman

yamaredman

Reaction score
Looks at the top banner...Droid Forums....hmmmm...:)

LMAO

I couldn't make this mistake again if I tried.

Definitely meant to post it on ipadforums.net

Still got my Droid... but I can't lie... the Apple vortex is sucking me in.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still got my Droid... but I can't lie... the Apple vortex is sucking me in.
Meh. I have an iPad2. Not everyone here is an Android fanboy.

I also have an iPad. Honestly OP, how in the world could you make that mistake? It's easier for me to walk into a ladies room. Well, doesn't look like you were looking for trouble and just to make sure no one gets fired up we'll close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.