App "Updates" won't go away?

JParkins

Reaction score
I'm now on the ota gingerbread and it's been great, except for one thing. I have 6 apps that said needed an update after. I updated all of them and it was fine, but now the updates show back up every time I turn the phone on. I have gone into each and each don't have the option to update individually, but the all show up needing the updates.

Any thoughts on how to clear them out, or what to do? I've tried uninstall/reinstall a couple but they just jump back on the list.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

kaylesworth

Reaction score
Go into settings / applications / manage applications/ all and scroll down to market. Select market and clear data. The updates will no longer be displayed.

Sent from my Droid

Last edited:
OP
JParkins

JParkins

Reaction score
Good call. Didn't think of that.
Thanks.

hond2

Reaction score
I get a similar problem sometimes if an app from Amazon appstore is a different version than what Android market has. I usually end up uninstalling the Amazon version. (Unless it was a free paid app of day)

Reaction score
I have cleared the cache and the data and the problem has occurred again. If I wait and try again later though it will say update instead of open and then it updates fine. This issue started before the gingerbread update. This issue started when my market updated to the new look...not that impressed with the new market but it does have some nice new features...and bugs.