Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I think this should have remained closed bc personally, I like my unlimited data and prefer that it stay that way.

Your not alone and from reading topics like these, I believe a lot of members feel this way. Most of these threads start to be a repeat and turn bad. At that point it will be closed and remain that way.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Unlimited means unlimited.

I teather exclusivly for my home inet and people cry ssying i will ruin it for others.....bew whew

Sent from my DROID X while driving.....thankyou tapatalk

REMilk

Reaction score
Tethering, via a phone without paying for "Mobile Hotspot" is a violation of the Terms of Service (TOS), plain and simple. If you have the 'unlimited' data plan, and you signed the TOS, you agree to follow Verizon's meaning of 'unlimited'.

I know I violate the TOS each time I am at my Mother's house and spend a few minutes tethered each day I am there.

In a way, this seems to mimic 'speeding' and avoiding traffic tickets. On interstates, I, and many people, knowingly exceed the posted speed limit. However, we see that there seems to be a higher speed limit that must be crossed before a ticket is issued and we stay within this 'safe' limit. We are breaking the law, period! The same with tethering, it is a violation, but we do it anyway. Many try to 'stay' under the radar, but those that get caught, pay!

Just my opinion, I am sure yours will vary.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to get into whether this right or a violation of the TOS or whatever. My question is simply this: Why does it matter?

Are you going to do something productive with your findings? If not, I think this is pointless and the thread should be closed.

If you will be doing something productive, you should probably enlighten everyone here to avoid people thinking you are just trying to violate the TOS

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Unlimited means unlimited.

I teather exclusivly for my home inet and people cry ssying i will ruin it for others.....bew whew

Let me see if I can make this simpler to understand. For now we have unlimited bc we are grandfathered in. Most of us have a two year contract. So, for as long as we maintain our current contract, we get to keep our inhibited. But when that contact runs out, Verizon can decide to do whatever they want. I'd they decide they don't want to grandfather people into their unlimited anymore, then they can do that. People using excessive and unnecessary bandwidth can cause Verizon to decide to not continue to grandfather people in... and chances are, data will visit us more.

I am sure it is going to happen someday. Why do things that will make it happen sooner than later. I, myself would like to think that when my contract runs out and I go to renew, that I will still have the option to be grandfather into my unlimited data.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I will get a huge bill for tethering the day after i get charged for facebook because i didnt copy and paste a silly disclaimor....lol

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Don't be surprised down the road when your data services get cancelled because of tethering abuse.

I was just saying....if you really want to test? Torrents like a mofo.

And calculators are good and all that, but they don't take into account how long it would really take to use that kind of data in a real world situation. Network capacity, coverage area, coverage quality and typical average speeds are like the 'solve for x, y and z with only this information' of the equation. So yes, viewing a thousand web pages consumes typcally oh so much, but if it takes you a week to load those pages, or a day or a month, then what is the calculator really good for?

Big Cam

Reaction score
I Understand I can calculate it - and have! But I wanted a real-world Test. And if there was some type of app I could download to test which is also beneficial to the world (Such as Folding@Home) I would.

Do you realize how stupid you sound?

Hahaha its so crazy to me when people are criticized for using the connection they pay for. No Cell service or ISP Needs to throttle or cap bandwidth. If their infrastructure is too weak to handle Usage then the company is in the wrong business and should just wither away and die. But the fact is its all for profits.

Do you realize how stupid you sound?

No one here is going to agree with you helping the Cell companies in their reasoning for ditching unlimited data which everyone on this forum wants.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I closed this thread once for those types of comments. Its now closed for good!

Droid Forums said:
3. Personal attacks (Flaming, Name Calling) on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.

Please remember The Golden Rule: Treat others as you wish to be treated !

Status
Not open for further replies.