App to limit data?

socalkoirichard

Reaction score
Without going into details as to why or other options I can do.

Is there an app that will limit how much data a phone will use when not on wifi?

One the might be lockable so that the user cannot change it's settings?

Or maybe just only allowing data over wifi only?

Thanks

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Just cut off your 3g, I recommend data enabler widget from the market.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

bigkhan

Reaction score
It sounds like he needs it on someone elses phone like a teenage kid.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
S

socalkoirichard

Reaction score
Just cut off your 3g, I recommend data enabler widget from the market.

If it was for my phone I would do that. I need an app that can limit the data used like I mentioned. Something that, if there is one, that has a lock on it since this not my phone but a teenage kid.

Reaction score
Without going into details as to why or other options I can do.

Is there an app that will limit how much data a phone will use when not on wifi?

One the might be lockable so that the user cannot change it's settings?

Or maybe just only allowing data over wifi only?

Thanks

I have two teens with Droids on 2GB plans. As of right now, in VZW website I added my number to be notified when each of their phones reaches 75% of their limit. So far they have never gone over. If I were to get that notification that they are at 75% half way through the month, then I would know we have a problem.

obviously, if the phone was rooted, it would be easier to control. Both of my daughters are running miui on their phones which has built in security/access controls.

There is an app on the market called seal that you create a password and then select which other apps on the phone to apply it to and they are then "sealed" and can not be opened without the password. You may be able to apply "seal" to the phone settings and disable mobile data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

Natey2

Reaction score
Do what the Carriers do: measure how much data they use, and bill them some amount for it (e.g. deduct from monthly allowance). Nothing like making them regulate their own usage :)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Ok I've came up with a mixture. There's an app on the market called quick settings, its maybe 485kb so small app, it will allow you to turn off 3g. Then to block it just download an app lock from the market and you'll be set.

Reaction score
Ok I've came up with a mixture. There's an app on the market called quick settings, its maybe 485kb so small app, it will allow you to turn off 3g. Then to block it just download an app lock from the market and you'll be set.

There is no need to download the extra app for settings. If you install that and block it with an app locker, someone can still go into the system settings to turn mobile data back on.

The only way to do it is to lock the system settings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Shane333

Reaction score
Verizon offers a service for $2-3 per line that will restrict data usage on any line you add it on. I use it on my gf's line

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums