NetCounter: Must-Have App for Android Mobiles

asforel

Reaction score
There are some applications that must be the part of operating system but I don’t know why these ones are absent or not included, and NetCounter is one of them.
The important thing which is associated with mobiles is data traffic. There are very few countries where you are allowed to transfer unlimited data at fixed rate. So if you are worried about your bill, you must have installed an app that records the data being transferred in and out.
NeCounter is such an app that monitors the data over cellular and WiFi networks. You can set the data limit on this app and if you cross the limit, an alarm will warm you. You can view the data on per session basis and also aggregate the traffic data of whole month.
In fact it is must have application for all android 2.0 based mobiles like Google Nexus One and moreover it is freel. Search for NetCounter in the android market to download it on your phone.
If this happens to be something you are looking for or interested in, you can download it directly from here.:icon_ banana:

netcounter.jpg

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I see no need for it yet....

black_velvet

Reaction score
Did you really copy and paste the text from the download site into your forum post? I'd be much more interested in actual feedback from somebody who actually uses the app.

tktouch12

Reaction score
for us in america this isnt a problem, but i could see it being helpful if we ever get tiered data plans. so as an app to monitor it looks like a good one

dclutter1

Reaction score
Its a helpfull tool to let you know how much data you use... something we might all neeed to know, depending on what they do with data plan pricing.

I started using it when we heard about the treired plans and I've been suprised by how much LESS data I use than I thought I did.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

missin44

Reaction score
Did you really copy and paste the text from the download site into your forum post? I'd be much more interested in actual feedback from somebody who actually uses the app.

BFD, Who cares. If it works and its free.

Reaction score
I've used it since day 1. It's nice and it does what it should though after learning for the first 3 months that I used very little data (even though It thought I did), I have hardly looked at it.

I stream plenty of music and use the phone a fair bit, rarely use WI-FI and since the first day I got the phone in November I only use about 2gb per month.

Today Verizon released it's data tracking widget but it's ugly and is not working right now.

Reaction score
Data Counter is a widget that does the same thing. and it's free in the Market. Much more convenient.

Edit: And the widget is customizable in color, background and size. And if you want to know how much wifi you have used it's there too just in case.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Data Counter is a widget that does the same thing. and it's free in the Market. Much more convenient.

Edit: And the widget is customizable in color, background and size. And if you want to know how much wifi you have used it's there too just in case.

Other than setting colors this is exactly what NetCounter does and it's also free. Not sure what you were comparing against.

Verizon app does not count Wi-Fi and doesn't work reliably. I believe NetCounter etc. ACTUALLY count the usage whereas Verizon syncs with their servers, different and interesting to compare.

Reaction score

Other than setting colors this is exactly what NetCounter does and it's also free. Not sure what you were comparing against.

Verizon app does not count Wi-Fi and doesn't work reliably. I believe NetCounter etc. ACTUALLY count the usage whereas Verizon syncs with their servers, different and interesting to compare.

The only reason I mentioned it was because it has a widget and didn't see anything about one in this app. I'm lazy and prefer to see it on my screen rather than an app. If Net Counter does this then cool. If not I was just putting it out there that another app does this already. Nothing against this app, just putting it out there.

Plus apps competeing against each other only makes them better, well usually.