App to replace motocast?.

jaelmy

Reaction score
I am coming from the Razr Maxx and I loved the motocast app to watch movies/videos streamed to my phone. Is there a Samsung app that does this or a third party app that is free? Thanks in advanced.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The only thing that comes to mind is an app called iMediaShare but I don't know if it will do what you need/want.

jays0801

Reaction score
Try estrong file Explorer

I like estrong file explorer. You can use it to connect to other devices on you network to transfer or stream files. I set up a user account on my pc just for e sharing then entered the IP address, account and password in estrong and i have access to everything.

Froyo

Reaction score
Google "Pogoplug" if you havent already heard of it. It should make for a nice Motocast alternative. Hope this helps.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Splashtop is my favorite. It streams whatever's on your desktop monitor to your phone/tablet and you can control your computer from your phone/tablet. Best app I've ever purchased/used by far. Not free but worth every penny, imho.

OP
J

jaelmy

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your answers. I tried all of them, but none of them of what I was looking for. I actually already have splashtop, got it off of amazon app store for free a while ago, but when you wqtch movies it kind of lags.

Anyways, I found my own answer with a little more digging and came up with this and thought I'd share.

http://androidspin.com/2011/11/11/zumocast-gets-some-xda-attention-now-ported-to-all-devices/

Zumocast is pre-motocast but can still only be used for moto phones.Anyways this is a cracked version that can be used for any phone. I already tested it and it works great.

Spyder5157

Reaction score
LOL-Read my mind (Zumocast !!)

Thanks guys for your answers. I tried all of them, but none of them of what I was looking for. I actually already have splashtop, got it off of amazon app store for free a while ago, but when you wqtch movies it kind of lags.

Anyways, I found my own answer with a little more digging and came up with this and thought I'd share.

Zumocast gets some XDA attention, now ported to all Devices

Zumocast is pre-motocast but can still only be used for moto phones.Anyways this is a cracked version that can be used for any phone. I already tested it and it works great.

As I was reading down thru this thread, I was thinking....ok, I'm going to let him know about the cracked zumocast...lol...then I got to the last post and here it is......Sorry to waste a post on it, but I was just cracking up that you landed the same place I did......I'm still using my razr, BUT, am going probably the next day or 2 to get the S4....The glass on my razr cracked, and I am hoping to get something out of it while it still works, plus I'm due for an upgrade.

The 2 things...Motocast, and HDMI are my lock onto Moto.....I am so upset that NOBODY puts HDMI output on the phones except moto, BUT, to get a new Razr, the ONLY difference is the higher res. screen, otherwise I'll have the same darn phone. I like being able to put movies on, and connect to the TV, also "WebTop" is really cool...BUT, realistically I guess I don't use them enough to make it a deal breaker.

BUT....MotoCast, I use ALL THE TIME, and I was saying I just don't want to give it up. I had Zumocast for a buddy that I was fixing a phone for, so, I'm pretty sure it'll do the trick.

Just as one more thing: The mobile version of "Team Viewer" is pretty good. IF your looking just to access your PC and get files, etc....Then Team Viewer does the trick no problem, actually can run a movie or whatever on the PC and have it being played on the phone, so maybe something else to look at...

Take care..
Spyder