App to measure distance via gps

bailman

Reaction score
So I'm looking for an app to use GPS to measure distances from my tree stands and ground blinds. I would like to set the point at the stand or blind and walk to land marks to get accurate distances. Anyone know of or use an app that will do this? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mat1583

Reaction score
I use GPS Essentials. It has a nice dashboard which allows you to display a lot of different data (altitude, distance to target, speed, etc). It also has tracks with it. I used the distance to target (waypoint) feature to roughly map out my property line. Just remember that it's not survey accurate.

droid_oo7

Reaction score
So I'm looking for an app to use GPS to measure distances from my tree stands and ground blinds. I would like to set the point at the stand or blind and walk to land marks to get accurate distances. Anyone know of or use an app that will do this? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Planimeter is exactly what you need!

snowman

Reaction score
ok I bought palnimeter, anyone figure out how to use it?
I want to measure an area like a big yard how do you insert the pins in like the corner locations while measuring?
I tap the top button for location after turning on area measurment but it won't insert the corner red pins
do you just tap the screen or what? this does not seem accurate to touch screen for an exact location.
thanks much ,

Last edited:

droid_oo7

Reaction score
ok I bought palnimeter, anyone figure out how to use it?
I want to measure an area like a big yard how do you insert the pins in like the corner locations while measuring?
I tap the top button for location after turning on area measurment but it won't insert the corner red pins
do you just tap the screen or what? this does not seem accurate to touch screen for an exact location.
thanks much ,

You would need to make a long touch on the top button to add the pin at your current position, if you are using GPS or Network.

snowman

Reaction score
Thanks much that helps I was not long touching just short and also can use the edit to move the marker sweet app., very nice worth 2 bucks for sure