App to find duplicate files on sd card?

luvmypups26

Reaction score
Hello,
This seems like a decent idea that could be useful and would save the hassle of going through all my files and manually deleting the duplicates. It also seems like it would be do able, I'm not a programmer, not even close! But it has the same idea as other apps that find duplicate contacts etc. If anyone knows of an app for this I would really appreciate the info.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems like the search feature in any file manager could do this. Do you specifically need a stand-alone app for this?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
A hash based file dup finding application would be nice. I rename files all the time but leave the old version also, a fm is not going to help here.

@op
Just use a win/linux based duplicate finding application being that you wouldn't do this often enough to warrant an app....maybe a script.

georgesam

Reaction score
Try It

I've used duplicate files deleter software that detects duplicate files and it's quite user friendly. It can detect file format. You can delete the whole files at one click or can delete desired one.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have tried several duplicate file finders and you need to be very cautious with them as they find duplicates of some app and system level files, (even if not rooted), that will cause problems with apps if you delete them.