App to display song info in notification bar?

SDroid87

Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is an app out there for this or not. I have the car dock for my phone and use it to play mp3's through the headphone jack to my car stereo. I also use Google Nav at the same time and prefer to keep it on the Nav screen while I'm driving. Is there an app that will display the song and artist currently playing in the notification bar so that I can see it while I'm in the Nav screen? Is it something that I could do if the phone were rooted?

zachcr250

Reaction score
I do know when using blue tooth, on the car stereo the deck says testing "unknown artist and unknown album". Hopefully with the update. That would be cool in notification bar also.

zachcr250

Reaction score
Also noticed that you like to keep GPS on while driving. What I found to be cool was a live wallpaper called Cthru phone and its like having a camera on the front of vehicle.

OP
S

SDroid87

Reaction score
I installed the last.FM app, but all I could do with it was play radio stations. I wasn't a fan of having to sign up for an account and all that jazz either. The search continues I guess.

zachcr250

Reaction score
Dude all you do is put in email and you can play anything you want just like pandora but with no commercials.
And its all free.