App Suggestions and Reviews

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I'm creating this thread because I think it'll be nice for people who are either new to Android or old hat and just want some new apps. I'm looking for each of you to post your favorite app and a little review, description of the app and why you like it!

Example.

Tapatalk: I like Tapatalk because it allows me to keep up with all my forums. It aggregates all your forums into one simple app so you can browse you favorite forums and respond while on the go! I love this app and it helps me with my forum addiction so I don't have forum withdrawls!

Got the idea? Lets see what apps we come up with! :icon_ lala:

tituswife

Reaction score
Apps Organizer by fabio Collins. Organize apps with whatever label you want: sports, news, android, books ... Choose an icon (I download them from web), and then add as a widget to desktop! Saves room! I use it with Swipe pad, and really save space.

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, as you know I'm a nut when it comes to smartphones and android so here is a list of the best of the best as far as I'm concerned.

1) SwiftKey to replace standard keyboard. It learns how you type and guesses what you meant and the next word.
2) JustPictures - A vastly superior gallery.
3) Linda Manager - Best File Manager.
4) BeWeather Pro - Amazing weather application with the best widgets out there. High resolution weather and links to multiple radars. Every option as well as it can be done.
5) Google Voice - Enough said.
6) Camera Zoom FX - Fast auto focused pictures. Very professionally made.
7) K-9 Mail - Has never failed me in over 2 years. Tons of options.
8) Pulse - The best news application I've ever seen. Has decent widgets.
9) Amazon Appstore - A free paid app every day. And some are VERY good.
10) Boat Browser - Amazingly fast and easy to use. Multiple tabs and new voice commands.
11) Business Calender Free - Best Calender Widget I've seen. I have a 4x4 widget which shows the entire month and you can read what your appointments are - tap on it and you get your agenda. Has controls on the bottom of the widget to scroll from month to month and you can add appointments from the widget. Also allows easier appointment setting.
12) Circle Battery Widget - Shows battery left in 1% increments and is pretty.
13) IMO - Best IM program. Connects you to just about everything - AOL, GoogleTalk, etc... very slick and takes nearly no battery.
14) No Lock - Personal preference here. You will never see the lock screen again. Saves the time to swipe and open to get to your stuff.
15) Screebl - Love it. Turns your time out for the screen to 15 seconds and then when your holding the device in a natural position it will never go off. When you put it down it goes off in 15 seconds. It will show it takes 90%+ of your battery but that's a bug.
16) Printershare - was an Amazon free app of the day and it's normally $10. Amazing program lets you print from any wireless printer. Better than Motoprint.
17) CamScanner - I just found this amazing program. Snap a picture with it and it will convert it to a PDF so you can send it as a scanned document.
18) DayWeekBar - Puts the date at the top of your pull down box and also has full date info when you open the pull down.

I'm sure I missed a few.

Games :

Just the ones I'm addicted to...

Coin Dozer
Coin Dozer Halloween
Coin Dozer Seasons
Cookie Dozer (warning, you might gain weight)
Coin Pirates
Drag Racing Premium
Words Free

I have other games I just don't have time to play.

Hope this list helps. Please respond with any great games or apps you have.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Boot Manager! Best app out there. Allows you to install up to 5 different ROMs and change with only a reboot.

Titanium Backup Pro. Makes changing ROMs quick and.painless.

ROM Toolbox Pro. Has a ton of mods and also has a nice new UI. The ROM Manager section is great. Contains Root File Explorer, and tons of other tweaks.

Masqed Crusader. Sets your DNS to Google servers

Real HDMI. Allows Droid X users to use their HDMI to watch movies and project onto a TV.

Those are just a few of my favorites.

Boot Manager

Reaction score
Launchers -

GO Launcher - I like the replacement because it doesnt look like all the others out there. I can also display a missed notification over select icons such as messageing calls email

QQ Launcher - I like this one becaseu the iPhone skin is neat. AND THE LOCKSCREEN!!! this lock screen is cool because its a circle and you can unlock it to you sms, home, phone, or somethings else (i forgot)

Applications -
Moogly I needed a note widget and this is pretty neat.