App Monetization with Offer Walls

sarahlewisxo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Vivo
Hi Everyone here at Droid Forums!

I’m Sarah and I’m all new to the Mobile Game development world.

Right now, I am looking for different ways to monetize an application/ a mobile application (well aside from having it as a paid application) - I don’t think that having a mobile application as paid guarantees more users to download so making it free and having add ons could be an acceptable way of monetizing it.

Few things I know are:

1. I can put ads. (Which I think is the most common thing I experience with mobile apps)

2. Add some offer walls. (I have come across Offer Daddy & many others that have Android and iOS SDKs to integrate to your app)
Which do you believe is more effective?

And do you have comments & suggestions with the above things?

Also, do you think any of the two are somewhat outdated / unstable, etc.?

Please let me know.

It will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
As a consumer of apps, I would much rather have an app that gave me a limited window of time to evaluate, then I can pay if I want it, or un-install.

I hate Ads, I use an Ad Blocker, I will remove any app that manages to bypass my Ad Blocker. I will pay a developer to remain ad free, as long as this option is disclosed on the Play Store. I will not allow an app with a SDK as mentioned above to access my connection or device. If I catch it, it's gone, and the developer blacklisted. Be up front, charge for the App! If it's worth having it's worth paying for. Being "Sneaky" is a really bad idea.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Like you, I am willing to pay for apps to get rid of ads and help the developer to continue updating the app.

if you have to spam to get the word out about an app, then it tells me that the app is worthless. If it has to be spam AND downloaded from a third party site, it makes me wonder what malware might be hidden in the app.

Over the years I have quit using apps because they were full of ads without a way to pay to get rid of them. I also had some apps that started out as pay then figure they could make more money by putting ads in the app and got rid of the pay model. I no longer use those.

If you want to get paid, do it right the first time. if you have a good app, word will get out.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
As a consumer of apps, I would much rather have an app that gave me a limited window of time to evaluate, then I can pay if I want it, or un-install.

I hate Ads, I use an Ad Blocker, I will remove any app that manages to bypass my Ad Blocker. I will pay a developer to remain ad free, as long as this option is disclosed on the Play Store. I will not allow an app with a SDK as mentioned above to access my connection or device. If I catch it, it's gone, and the developer blacklisted. Be up front, charge for the App! If it's worth having it's worth paying for. Being "Sneaky" is a really bad idea.
I agree. Just put it right up front in the Play Store..."this app contains ads, with a paid option to remove them.". Don't be sneaky, trying to make a quick profit by deceiving customers. I have a few apps like that, I tried the free version and decided that I liked them, so I paid (or pay a monthly subscription) to have the ad free version. Seems like a fair way to operate, in my humble opinion.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk