app killers?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
They are not needed, android has a very efficent task managment process built into the operating system, any other application that claims to do the same will just work against the native processes and drain your battery

ricks

Reaction score
They still are, just today they were trying to make me use one for one of my Droid issues.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
They still are, just today they were trying to make me use one for one of my Droid issues.

They tried telling my dad about it when he bought a case from there and the whole time I was telling him not to and her how she was flat out wrong. Fun times.

Sent from my Droid

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I went in to check out the Fascinate at the VZW store yesterday, and it already had ATK installed :icon_rolleyes:

Plus I installed Quadrant.....860

ljholland

Reaction score
I was in the Verizon store yesterday and the salesman was going over the Droid 2 for a new user. The very first thing he started with was that "Verizon installs a task killer app for you..." bla bla bla.

I wanted to butt into the middle of his misinformation about task killers and tell the newbie how they aren't needed any more....but what's the use? This is the training and direction the salespeople are being given from the big red headquarters. The salespeople aren't paid to have a deep understanding of the technology...just to sell it.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have butted in at VZW before, you could tell the sales lady was not happy, but her information was SO wrong, I couldn't help myself...the customer thanked me :)

Bateluer

Reaction score
I went in to check out the Fascinate at the VZW store yesterday, and it already had ATK installed :icon_rolleyes:

Plus I installed Quadrant.....860

Who hasn't installed apps on demo phones? I've rooted some floor models. :icon_ lala: