App idea?

cromo8

Reaction score
is there and app for you to be able to use your phone as a tv remote?

dont know how many times ive been like wow wheres the remote, wish my phone was the remote

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The phone does not have the parts it needs to be a remote. I however watch Hulu from a laptop hooked to my projector... and I use PhoneMyPC so that I dont have to get up to switch videos or pause. It connects right to my PC and acts as a mouse and keyboard.

OP
cromo8

cromo8

Reaction score
The phone does not have the parts it needs to be a remote. I however watch Hulu from a laptop hooked to my projector... and I use PhoneMyPC so that I dont have to get up to switch videos or pause. It connects right to my PC and acts as a mouse and keyboard.
i was wondering because it can be used a a FioS remote, figured it could do it

does that app work with mac?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
is there and app for you to be able to use your phone as a tv remote?

dont know how many times ive been like wow wheres the remote, wish my phone was the remote

Seen it asked before. I don't think there is. I have an Harmony 1100 Remote and sometimes I confuse it with my Droid. Yes, it's bigger but when your multitasking you can get confused.

logitech_1100.jpg

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

does that app work with mac?

Well, I checked out the WEBSITE and looks like it is only for windows now.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
FIOS and your TV are 2 separate things. Your TV's remote uses infrared so an app isn't going to be able to provide a solution on its own. The FIOS remote app uses data to connect to your FIOS box. If your TV is connected to the internet in a similar fashion then such a solution may be possible.