App for Xoom tether to Droid x or Droid Bionic

dragonvstone

Reaction score
Bluetooth. It pairs right up and gives you the option to internet tether, but it still can't pick up an internet signal even though the droid x gets its internet fine.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Reaction score
On page 1 of this thread is a link with directions, did you follow that? I don't think it's as easy as just pairing from the way the directions are. I have my x rooted and use wireless tether.

Last edited:

dragonvstone

Reaction score
The first item on the list of instructions doesn't exist, at least not on 3.1. There is no 'tethering' option on wireless settings.
I did turn on airplane mode and off wifi, but it still could not resolve a websites DNS.

dragonvstone

Reaction score
instructions aren't correct

I meant that the link that Newton put forward (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-xoom/128694-possible-good-news-those-looking-tether.html) don't agree with what I see in my xoom. Specifically the first line, there is no "tether" option in the networks and settings screen.
Hawaiian Princess and Steady Hawkin both seem to say that Bluetooth tethering is fully supported without rooting the xoom or the droid x. This is what I'm trying to accomplish.

dragonvstone

Reaction score
Figured it out. Two things:
1. The connection via bt on the DroidX needs to happen before the connection to any other hardware. If any other connection happens first, the bt connects, but the internet tethering will not enable.
2. (Not confirmed) I noticed that I could not get a DNS server when my xoom was internet tethered to the droidx using a wifi connection. When I disabled the droidx's wifi the dns connection worked and internet tethering passed thru without a problem.

Hope this helps someone else out there. This feature alone blows the ipad out of the water.

wcjeep

Reaction score
I used Wireless Tether to connect my DX and Xoom. The connection is thru the Bluetooth. Wifi on the DX should be turned off. The BT is for connecting thru 3G. I tried to tether thru BT using a friends Fascinate. Didn't work.

greeneink

Reaction score
Bluetooth. It pairs right up and gives you the option to internet tether, but it still can't pick up an internet signal even though the droid x gets its internet fine.

I had to reboot after setting up pairing (and going to Paired devices>bionic>setting>use for internet
And it worked right away

Netjammer

Reaction score
nope

Any got a way to tether nonroot without hotspot?

Not without tethering via usb and say, Easy Tether. Currently there is no way to tether wirelessly without root on any phone

Sent from my Rooted Xoom.